Car and Driver

Cover story on the upcoming C7 Corvette. Apparently they have finally improved the seats. 7-speed manual by Tremec. Michelin tires. As they surmised, I don't like the taillights. Lots more...
AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

I just skimmed that article in my issue. Hope they are correct in the C7 assessment. Looks like a great car. Too bad everyone's C6 just took a $10k drop in value.
uncle_vito wrote:

...if I can retrofit the better seats, I'm good.
--
- Rufus

"Rufus" wrote in message

...if I can retrofit the better seats, I'm good.
--
- Rufus
___________________
CardsFan wrote:

___________________
Yeah, I love the seats in my car, but I'd love even more getting a base C7. Maybe I will, but I'll have to relinquish the idea that a Corvette must have a manual. The other half won't put with one, and we need two cars that either of us can drive. At least the '93 is all mine, until they read the will. ;^)
Save the wave.
AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
...I haven't owned anything with an automatic trans since high school.
Both my C4 and my C6 Z06 are manuals, and I wouldn't allow it any other way...but the seats in my C4 are HUGELY better than the ones in my C6. I also miss being able to cinch my belts down and lock 'em in.
--
- Rufus

On 12/5/2012 8:09 PM, Rufus wrote:

If it is like the C5 just pull the seat belt all the way out then fasten it. It will retract and lock.
Bob I wrote:

...well, whaddayaknow? That is gonna make life a *LOT* better!
Thanks!
--
- Rufus

On 12/6/2012 9:16 PM, Rufus wrote:

when i was autocrossing, i used a home-made belt cinch. basically, 2 pieces of Al 1"x5", with a hole in each end. a bolt/wingnut on each side made it be a clamp.
move the seat backwards all the way, cinch the belt tight, add the clamp, and move the seat forwards. it worked almsot as well as a 4 point harness.
On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 13:46:02 -0800, "uncle_vito"

Maybe now's a good time to buy a C6 ??

Not really, wait until the C7 is out for awhile. There was no drop in the C6 prices, that's just Vito's wishful thinking, if he thinks at all. When the C6 came out the C5 prices fell badly but rebounded about 4 months later. I have no idea why and would guess it was just an auto market adjustment at the time and had nothing to do with Corvette in particular.
For the difference in prices and there were two Corvettes for sale of equal quality I'd take the C5 over the C6 any day of the week. Even after more than 8 years driving the C6 I like the C5 more, just a fun car.
By the way the seats are just a different design, eye catching but same low level material. The tail light design (if that is it) and the hatch along with other poor design cues may keep me in the C6 for a long time. Right now the only reason I would get one is to get out of the 6-speed, sometimes my knees maker more noise that a missed 3rd gear.