car won't turn over

recently I just returned home from a cruise and the next time I turned the key, there was nothing. Battery is fully charged because everything comes
on like the radio, power windows, antenna, etc. All the fuses were checked and good. Any ideas? A VATS bypass was installed a few years ago so it's not that. thanks

What year Vega is it?
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060602010803020400040200 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
LOL I used to have a Cosworth Vega... Someone stole the frikkin head off of it one day where I had it stored. And that is the whole Cosworth package basically so I ended up putting a smallblock in it with the old Chris Alston kit back in the late 80's.
And of course had to keep those fenderwell headers painted nice and bright white! Anyone else remember the white headers days? About every 3-4 weeks off with the headers and rattle can paint them and then pop them in an old oven to cure them, and nice clean hands to re-install. :-)
To this day I'd still LOVE to do a 67 Deuce or a 55-57 Belair or a 60's GTO/LeMans straight axle, jacked up stance with white fenderwell headers, ruby tinted windows, Hurst SuperShifter with the mandatory white knob, moon tank, torque thrust wheels with no center caps, yellow Lakewood traction bars, Weiland tunnel ram with twin 600 Holleys, Moon Finned Valve Covers and a rack of Sun Chrome Cup gauges on the dash, single loop rollbar with the square headrest mounted to it and low back van bucket seats.... ahhhh yea.... my youth :-)
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
Stephen wrote:

If you're handy, turn the key to 'On' then hotwire the starter. If it starts and runs, the problem could be anywhere between the key and the starter solenoid. If it's a manual shift, have you disabled the clutch safety switch? If when you hotwire the starter and it won't turn then the starter or the solenoid is the problem. If you're not handy, have it towed to the shop. This could be either a simple starter replacement, or an expensive electronic problem.
Good luck!
TomC '90ZR1
I had something similar with my C5. It turned out to be corrosion on the positive battery cable connector. You wouldn't see it from the top, chased it around for a few months till it dawned on me. $3 and a new connector later I was back in business.
-Stan