Central Ohio Tint Recommentations

Hi,

Just picked up a beautiful 93 vette the other day and would like to have the window tint redone...can anyone a highly professional window tint place in the Central Ohio are to have this done?

thanks in advance mtripl

Reply to
MTT

Be sure to check legality. Someone on Corvette Forum was complaining about being busted on too dark of tint about a week ago. I don't remember where he was, but most states have a limit. Some shops press the limit, so be sure to check before having just anything put on.

Also, while it helps in the daytime, it really cuts nighttime visibility. You may be more likely to pull out in front of someone with it. Then not only is your Corvette damaged, but you are at fault. You should ask for a sample to try at night first to see if you really want it.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Not on my watch, the cost for a good job is about $80 here in Ohio but you are limited to 50% light transmission on side windows and 70% for front and no red or yellow tint. You also have to apply for and have on the car a sticker for the tint to start with, another offence. The shop told me it would cost about that for the ticket plus $35 court costs. The problem is that the cops don't like it and if they ticket you it's your burden to prove it is within limits. Don't need the hassle as I don't run a front plate so all told if they want to write me I'd be out over 200 bucks.

Dad

Tinted windows are one thing but I got a ticket on the Ohio Turnpike for no front plate; that cost $120.00.

Tried to talk my way out of it in front of the judge in Elyria court. The Vette was only two days old. I did have the front plate inside the car but they didn't care. Guess they needed the $120 for gas to keep the bears rolling along.

Ohio ought to get with the program & go a little green on the energy used to make two plates instead of just one. Many other states only used one plate.

Regards to all.

Dad wrote:

Reply to
John Smith

Still looking for a recommendation....:)

Reply to
mtripl