Check engine icon

A few days ago the check engine icon on my speedometer lit. The car is running perfectly, and I have checked any possible malfnction, including making sure the gas cap is on securely. This has happened in the past, but
after a while, the light went out.
Could someone tell me how to turn the light off manually without going to the dealer and have them charge me $85 to reset it.
Thanks.
Jason
2001 Pewter C5 Coupe 6-spd
Check the codes stored in the DIC to find out what is going on. The instructions are here. http://www.c5forum.com/ayc/dtcdic.php
If you reset it and it comes back, post on www.c5forum.com or www.corvettemechanic.com for further assistance.

its coming on for a reason. if ya want to stop seeing it ? don't just reset it, get the code read and fix the problem.
my2
--
"Key"

it, if you get another SES light check and see if it is setting the same code. Kept good records and impress your dealer that you know more than starting it and pointing it down the road. Remember, he can use all the help you can give him before he bleeds off the family fortune.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51