Cleaning ebony vinyl surfaces?

What is the best thing to use to clean or restore the black(ebony) surfaces(doors and dash) on my 2005 C6? The manual says to use mild soap and water and not to use anything with silicone. After soap and water it still
looks sort of dull and drab. Thanks in advance!
--
Ron Stewart
Santa Rosa, Calif.
Ron Stewart wrote:

like crap. Like I've said before it looks like it is gassing off yet, and very motley at that. I don't like to use dressings but may have to get mine to look presentable, I think I'll get a picture and post it if it will show up well enough.
The improved C6 interior over the C5 just didn't happen, it sucks!
Dad wrote:

Dunno, I just wipe ours down with a damp chamois. Still looks like when we got it new.

On the Acuras, both of which have black interiors and therefore dash tops, I get no obnoxious reflections in the windshield. In the 'Vette with a ruby dash, I do. I sometimes wish there was a custom-cut non-reflective overlay I could throw up there on sunny days.
Anyone else ever have rubber, with Armor All applied, get bleached white by the sun? That happened on the bumpers of an '87 Accord I had.
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)