clicking 86

My 86 roadster has developed a clicking noise behind the center stack. It has to have something to do with the power door locks relay or alarm system, since it only starts when a door is opened and only continues for exactly 3 minutes before stopping. Anyone got any ideas what it might be before I start ripping the dash apart

thanks

Reply to
Dan

X-Eliminator