Clicking noise near right headlamp door

Hi,

I have a 92 LT1 coupe.

When I turn the headlights off or go from parking lights to off, the doors close OK but afterwards there is a clicking noise for about 5 secs.

I haven't looked at it real close yet.

Anyone experience that ?

Thanks, Vern

Reply to
Vern

Yes, it's common when one of the internal parts of the mechanism is on the way out. I've totally rebuilt both sides on my 93 vert., it's not that hard to do. I replaced the plastic gear with a set of the brass ones from one of the mail order places and got knew nylon bushings from the dealer. I had one other problem and that was the part that was on the shaft stripped, I drilled a small hole through both and used a roll pin. It's now better than knew. Be sure to clean out the old plastic from the old gear, it looks like yellow dust and gets packed everywhere. Hope this helps. Knew motors are expensive and you end up with the same bad design as you are trying to recover from.

Reply to
Charlie

Ok, Thanks Charlie. I figured about as much. In all I've been real lucky since I bought it

2 years ago with 106K mi, all I have had to repair is the water pump and a new battery.

I'm not very handy but will look into that.

Charlie wrote:

Reply to
Vern

Where are you located?

Reply to
Charlie

Reply to
RicSeyler

Dad

Thanks Dad !

That's what I need !

Charlie, I'm in Virginia...great weather today...72 tomorrow....may take the top off !

~ Vern

Dad wrote:

Reply to
Vern

I think it was Corvette magazine last month had a step-by-step article on how to fix it. Check their website, it might have the article.

Rob

Reply to
Scubabix