clock

Have a 60 corvette but clock finally stopped after 47 years. Does any one know where I can send it for repair? Casey

Reply to
csbluebird

Bob I

I'd second Bob's recommendation:

Here are several more:

WayneC

fix it yourself. seems to me that this is a wind up clock that does so via a small electric motor when the engine is running or ignition is on. Remove the clock from the dash, open the case should be a set of contacts ( that usually pit or corode) clean them up with an old 'point file' ( since your car still uses pints in the ignition I assume you use or know what they are.... or use fine emery paper then spray the whole clock out with brake clearer ( non-residual type) to get rid of old dirt laden oil and use sewing machine or clock oil on the works .... test, reasemble and put back in the car

worth a try anyway since you have to pull the clock to send for repair anyway

Reply to
labtech1