clock on 60 corvette

I have a 60 corvette and being a woman do not know how to remove it from panel to have it fixed.Can any one help me? Casey

Reply to
csbluebird

WayneC

This group has either gone to sleep, gone away for the holidays, or become much more mellow. I'd have figured this would have invited a dozen more comments about women, men helping, and so on.

If you plan to work on your Corvette, the service manual and the Assembly Instruction Manual (AIM) are two books you do not want to do without. Both give lots of information about how Corvettes go together and come apart. I can't remember how the clock in a '60 goes in, but I believe it comes out the front of the console. There are probably a couple of clips in the back. You will have to remove the console side panels to see in there. You probably have an advantage over most men, in that you probably have a smaller body frame, so getting maneuvered around to see in there should be easier. You probably also have smaller hands, so you should be able to get into that area to remove clips and small nuts should be easier.

Check Wayne's link. The NCRS technical discussion board has a lot of good information on these cars.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri