Cold weather - squeeky belt

Belt started squeaky perhaps due to cold weather (stops squeaking when engine is hot) here in Houston. I applied belt dressing, and squeaking got worst!?!
Empty3 2000 Vette
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080605080000030902060607 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Sometimes they can get glazed, and no amount of dressing will work for long. Plus the dressing will make a mess under the hood. And the pulley can become glazed with a glazed belt. If you decide to replace the belt, I'd hit the pulley with a green scotchbrite pad.
errr... I just saw your sig.... 2000 Vette? It's a ribbed serpentine, right? Dunno about bad glazing with a ribbed serpentine, and you couldn't get down in the grooves very well with the scotchbrite. Sooooooo guess I didn't help at all, huh?!? HAHAHAHA
Empty3 wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Your belt is worn out and the belting is riding on the ridges of the pulley. A new belt will cure it and the dressing is not even a stop gap anymore with the serpentine belts. When you replace it look at the bottom of the groves and you'll see the wear on the wire belt.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Thanks Ric & Dad, looks like I have to replace the belt.
Empty3 2000 Vette
Are you so freaking stupid that you have to ask what the problem is with your belt..Just go out and buy a new belt..stop wasting our time reading all these posts. BUY A BELT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since your wife won't let you play with the 'vette you have gotten worse. Have your wife remove your access to the computer too.
Thundergod wrote:

and if the engine rattles, just buy a new one right? Stop taking up space and offer insights based on Vette ownership experience and/or troubleshooting such as Dad, Ric, Charlie, etc.
Empty3