Colour of the ignition switch accessory wire

I have just had an alpine sat nav radio etc fitted in my 2001 convertible vette (thanks for the help with the speed pulse wire).
However The radio is wired so that it only works if the key is in engine on
position, I asked about this and was told that alpine want the unit fitted like this so as not to drain the battery!.
I do not believe this and want to wire it via the accessory position as well, can someone tell me the colour of the wire.
Also I can recommend the soundgate kit for fitting an aftermarket radio to a Bose system corvette.
Anyone in the Uk wanting a C5 radio that's UK speck please e-mail me.