Competition for the Vette

This is going to be the Vette's competitor. Comes out in 2007. Between 400-500hp with price starting around $66k. Kinda ugly, but a Nissan nevertheless.
http://www.gtrproto.com /

LMAO! Other than the ugly front end and back end, it doesn't look bad. But oh . . . wait . . . is that front fender and front door styling a poor copy of the C6? Is that roofline not at all suited to the car's style? If this is the best the competition has to offer, there will still be nothing on the market coming anywhere near the Vette.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------010905040300010200000301 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I like the 3/4 front view in the pics. :-) But at 66K I don't have to worry about it anyway LOL
StingRay wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
StingRay wrote:

Nissan is working hard to pay off Renault's bail-out money from 5 years ago. Maybe in the trade for Nissan's V6, Renault gave them the Clio's side scoops:
<< http://www.renault.com/gb/produits/clio_V6.htm
Airbrushing of the fotos helped soften the effect -- definitely some frog influence in this design --- ROTF
PJ
All one has to do is look at most of the Asian SUVs to expect an ugly front end out of Japan.
That $66,000 price tag could quite easily be much lower when it first hits these shores, just to compete with the Corvette. Or it could be higher than the Corvette to reach the snob appeal of having a more expensive exotic.

H'm. They certainly weren't shy about recycling some of the C6's styling cues.
--
"Happiness is four hunnert horsepower an' a stick shift.
Hell is white trash with a computer."