constant cooling fan

The cooling fan on my '86 is always on--relay? I also have an oil leak,got it up on a lift and of course it's the head gasket-- no easy fixes on this
car : ) What do you think that may go for $. I'm thinking of leaving it alone for now because I don't lose too much oil and do not add between oil changes. Thanks ahead for any suggestions-this has been a great forum helping me many times and I hope I have been helpful in the past.
Joevett wrote:

not remember the function of the other. Swap them
Dad should be able to fill you in on the details.

to leak oil by a head gasket. Valve cover gasket, yes; intake gasket, yes. Just hoping to help avoid a costly mis-diagnosis, and at the same time trying to make it be a less-costly fix. HTH good luck, sdlomi2.
THanks for the reply.. Valve covers are dry as a bone and it appears from underneath to be wet on both sides of the head gasket

he IS talking about an 86. (20 years old) its NOT unusual for v8-chevy's do leak from the head gasket. It depends on many factors relating to how the engine has been ran, mileage and how it been taken care of.
my2
--
"Key"
=====