Coolant Leak

I have a small coolant leak somewhere on the front area of the engine. It seems to collect on the top of the front spring straight down from the alternator. I have looked every where. I recently added a ported
polished throttle body and ran a coolant bypass. I noticed the leak while trying to figure out why the car revs so high when I start it. Any ideas? C5 2002
Oops! Sounds like the mechanic goofed!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I have the same problem. The dealer claims there's no leak and it may be a sensor causing the low coolant warnings but the warning light goes on every couple of weeks. If I add a half to a full gallon of water, the warning goes away for another couple of weeks. Should I try a leak stopper?
--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht. =^..^=
have some one do a chem test to check for exhaust gases in the cooling system. 1\2 gallon every two weeks is way to much. my guess is it is going out of the tail pipes. Greg
On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:58:13 GMT, "Steve Horrillo"

snipped-for-privacy@home.now wrote: my guess is it is

Good point. You can often /smell/ this problem - it gaves the exhaust a funny sweet smell.

It smells normal. I do find a lot of water under the car but it doesn't smell of antifreeze. I'm in Florida so I'm assuming it's the A/C's condensation.
--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht. =^..^=
Re.

Looks like your vette has a case of 'internal bleeding' Put it up on a lift and trace it from the source.
On 28-Dec-2005, snipped-for-privacy@home.now wrote:

You may be right. When I add water with the engine running, even if its cold, the coolant looks airated almost milky in appearance. Should it be that way?
--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht. =^..^=
On 28-Dec-2005, snipped-for-privacy@home.now wrote:

I'm getting ready to sell or trade it in. Is this a major problem?
--
Warmest regards,

Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht. =^..^=
Steve, no the coolant should not look milky, this can be from different reasons, air bubbles, or oil, both are not good signs. as far as you trading you car and if this is a problem, that depends on you more than anything else. you know there is a problem with the car, it is up to you to disclose it or not. Greg On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:51:19 GMT, "Steve Horrillo"