Coolant Leak

I have a small coolant leak somewhere on the front area of the engine. It seems to collect on the top of the front spring straight down from the alternator. I have looked every where. I recently added a ported polished throttle body and ran a coolant bypass. I noticed the leak while trying to figure out why the car revs so high when I start it. Any ideas? C5 2002

Reply to
sirdfw

Bob I

I have the same problem. The dealer claims there's no leak and it may be a sensor causing the low coolant warnings but the warning light goes on every couple of weeks. If I add a half to a full gallon of water, the warning goes away for another couple of weeks. Should I try a leak stopper?

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

snipped-for-privacy@home.now wrote: my guess is it is

Good point. You can often /smell/ this problem - it gaves the exhaust a funny sweet smell.

Reply to
Vandervecken

Re.

Looks like your vette has a case of 'internal bleeding' Put it up on a lift and trace it from the source.

Reply to
E_Tar

You may be right. When I add water with the engine running, even if its cold, the coolant looks airated almost milky in appearance. Should it be that way?

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

I'm getting ready to sell or trade it in. Is this a major problem?

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

It smells normal. I do find a lot of water under the car but it doesn't smell of antifreeze. I'm in Florida so I'm assuming it's the A/C's condensation.

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

Reply to
not