cops and corvettes

Page 1 of 2
This morning I went to starbucks for coffee. I took my vette out (One of the two times a week its taken to work). When I came out I saw 2 uniformed cops giving it the walkaround.
I panicked for a second, but then I realized they were just admiring it.. So I walked up and said "morning officers" with a big smile :-) One of them asked, is it a '75 ?, I said no ..'77. (bigger smile :-))
We spent about 5 minutes talking about the vette and one of the cops told me he owned a '73 camaro that he's working on. "Great Job" said one of them. "well, I've only just begun on the interior restoration", I said. "Give it 6 months and this baby will be good as new."
I got in and drove off with my flowmasters growling deep, and so damned proud of my vette.
Moral of the story: It's better to be appreciated by a cop than to be chased or stopped by one, in my book.
I have seen a few Corvette highway patrol cars..must be a fun way to patrol....( Fl and Ca ).
I saw a 99 camaro California Highway Patrol car speeding about on the expressway once. It was white.
Or they "steal" them from people who are caught with a joint or a roach in the car.
grayfox wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Maybe if you get a little heavy on the foot one day you'll be lucky enough to be pulled over by one of those guys... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
You're as big a moron in this group as any you visit. Run along little girl.
On 3 Mar 2006 20:24:53 -0000, labrats usually die horribly

Oh good. A stalker. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Well, there are different sorts of cop here in Phoenix. City cops walk round, trying to find something to ticket you for. DPS (Highway Patrol) are more likely to be admirers - and when they stop you, guess which one is more likely to give you a warning & which WILL give you a ticket, every time.
I guess they figure any guy in a corvette is just itching to break the law. Or maybe any car that is capable of crossing 65miles an hour. :-)
I was driving in the fast lane doing 57 or 58 MPH in a 55 speed limit zone. Pulled over by a state trooper with a brand new shiny badge. (Possibly REALLY new and REALLY shiny). He asked me if I knew why he pulled me over. Me reply was "I have NO idea" He indicated that he pulled me over for not having a front tag on my Vette. I gave him my lic/registration and he went back to his car. Evidently he got a call for an accident while he was running my info. (Zero points-- can't remember last time I had a ticket)
Here's a side of the road quote:
"I patrol this road and the chances of me seeing you again are very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very and I mean very (angry studder somewhere in there) good and next time I' ll have time to write you up.
I wonder how many accidents are caused by these jerk offs pulling people over for insignificant offenses on a crazy busy high speed road? That same road (Rt 100 in Maryland) had an eight car pileup caused by a state trooper literally jumping into the fast lane to signal a car to pull over. When that car hit the brakes it caused the pileup to happen. Three days after the pileup, my wife was pulled over the same way-- with my kid and mother in law in her SUV.
-Stan
Here's waving at ya Ennis!
http://photobucket.com/albums/f21/sbright7/99c5/?action=view&current 0_0018.jpg

If they were speeding like you they deserved to be pulled over.
You're an idiot. Read the post.

'Moral of the story: It's better to be appreciated by a cop than to be chased or stopped by one, in my book.'
REPLY: True ; if you stay on the good side of the law and law enforcement , you have nothing to worry about. Its when we think we are a law unto ourselves that we start reaping what we sow.

If we're good boys, why the hell are we driving Corvettes? I genuflect just to get in mine. That should be enough, I think.
We are talking "man's laws" here, aren't we? The hellish payment in California is about $100 for the first ten mph over, and a sharp increase after that. It does take an eternity to get the thing off your record, though.
WWJD?
Be careful or dave will start preaching how he never drives over 55, even when he's in the fast lane
'If we're good boys, why the hell are we driving Corvettes? '
REPLY: Cause we like having a piece of americana...you know : : Mom, apple pie, Chevrolet, and the girl next door . We can still be nice fellas and drive a Corvette caaain't we ?!
'We are talking "man's laws" here, aren't we? '
REPLY: Yes i believe we are ; they are typically set up for the overall good and protection of society (which includes you, me, mom, and the girl next door). :)

Not when we've got Meatloaf singing "Bat out of Hell" at twenty decibles above "Not safe for human hearing or small pets" blaring out of the stereo, the T-Tops off (not stored, just thrown off), right leg shaking from holding the pedal to the metal, and trying not to wake up from the fantasy.

You throw in the "girl next door" while expecting me to have the sense and sensability of a nice fella? You might have a different one next door to you than I do, so that's understandable, but if you ever saw mine, you'd understand why I went deeply in debt to purchase the 3X Nighthawks and the fully reclining seats. And if I can ever coax her into the Corvette, I won't be focusing on the speed limit and civilized restraint. (Apparently, I still haven't awakened from that fantasy which means I'm about to go really, really fast, AND have the girl next door competing with the wind to blow in my ear. My life is good.)
Get the girl!!! Have fun and enjoy that baby (car)
Oh Man!!! <rolls eyes> What color is the sky in your world? And are the Unicorns saddle broken?
dave wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler