Corvette...

...is like vanilla ice cream. which is good, has wide-appeal, and is affordable.

but dreyer's ice cream isn't exaxtly like hagaan daaz - which would be the porsche 911

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

Ok Larry, you can afford Hagann Daaz. Personally, I'd take Funky Monkey any day over that foo-foo stuff.

Anyway, Larry, what kind of car do you own and drive?

Ed

Reply to
Spud

============================================================ Learn how to spell---There is no such brand as "Dreyers"---and who gives a fiddler's f*ck about a Porsche. Why don't you move to Germany--ASSHOLE. ======================================================== Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Reply to
Ron in NY-67 427/435hp

why can't porsche people and corvette people ever get along...

porsche people are ok and fine, but covette people have this grudge that they have to find a million reasons to hate porsche in order to justify themselves to being content with a rather inferior car.

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

Yes there is Dreyers and Breyers (or similar spelling for each). I used to eat and love Breyers in NY and lately I'm eating Dreyers in Texas. Sorry for getting away from cars but since you wrongly accused someone I thought I'd set the record straight.

Reply to
observer

lol - i drive a f430 on the weekends and a 911 turbo on weekdays, just like everybody else

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

Actually, he's right. That's not an apostophe between the 'r' and 's.' It's really a small stick figure. Also, more correctly, the word "Grand" is in the brand name. Good stuff !!

<

Post seemed a bit short on couth.

-- pj

Reply to
pj

I only remember the 911 from the 60s -- could be tricky to drive. The old

356 (I think it was) before then was a great car and bulletproof.
Reply to
tww1491

Reply to
Bob I

"On a quiet night you can hear a Porsche rusting." ...SDCOC tee shirt.

-- pj

Reply to
pj

:>lol - i drive a f430 on the weekends and a 911 turbo on weekdays, just like :>everybody else

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi

for $25K -/+

what's a better buy, your personal opinion and for the real world: a Boxster (2000-02 years)...or an earlier 911 Carrera (1990-92)?

the car will be an automatic transmission, daily driver.

I like the classic look of the 911, but I'm not a mechanic-type to get his hands dirty...so needless to say, It has to be reliable.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

...what are your guys' takes on the Boxster being referred to as:

"the baby porsche"

"not a true porsche"

"the poor man's porsche"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks DS for the info but I didn't buy it, the yellow boxster s.

i think i'm going to hold out for a 911 - when the right one comes along, color/price/tip/miles/etc

that boxster was nice, good price, fitted my criteria...but there's something magical about saying i own/drive a porsche 911, or a 911 porsche.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:>BMW's are sedans first and foremost - than whatever sportscar there is left :>in it. :>

what about Corvettes, in particular, early 90's models...do they drive equally as sporty as Porsche's right? and not sedany like BMW's?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 12:18:56 -0600, Bob I puked:

P oor O ld R ich S chmuck C an't H ave E rections

lab~rat >:-)

lol - like i said. typical response of a corvette-lover

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

not much different then you continuing to post off-topic !

get a clue porsche boy !

no real need for another of your troll-boy replies.....

Reply to
'Key

lol...

blue-collars, corvette...and white-collars, porsche....are like oil and water - they just never appear to mix, no matter how hard you try

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

Reply to
Bob I

Reply to
Bob I

What a spin, makes coming into a Corvette group and pushing the Porsche, 'I like that term, "pushing the Porsche"', sound like Corvette owners are at fault for being rude to a jerk.......

Ah yes, Häagen-Dazs, another fine American product used to bolster up the image of an overrated car. Häagen-Dazs has a vanilla so you can have a bland flavor for your car comparison. What would the car you drive be compared to, bean soup?

Reply to
Dad

""What a spin, makes coming into a Corvette group and pushing the Porsche, 'I like that term, "pushing the Porsche"', sound like Corvette owners are at fault for being rude to a jerk.......""

lol, relax. i'm not saying it subjectively, just telling it like it is - objectively

there's 3 kinds of sportscars: corvette, porsche, ferrari

lovers of each all have their own arguments for it. who's ultimatley to say who's right? no one

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

Very good statement, and true...

I have had a Porsche and would rather have my Vette... But would give up all including my left one to have a 1998 McLaren F1...

Reply to
ZÿRiX