Corvette

Anyone remember when this was a Corvette user group where Corvette owners helped each other with repairs and purchases? Boy, those were the days.

Reply to
BDragon

Why, yes, I remember that. Back in aught-three, I believe. T'was a Thursday. Those were the days, my friend. Gyawd, but I despise Modern Times.

-- Vandervecken (still beating against the storm)

BDrag> Anyone remember when this was a Corvette user group where Corvette owners

Reply to
Vandervecken

Well, I have to take credit for the downfall. I asked about a lawn mower. How was I to know that would destroy everything?

At least it wasn't about Europe, Mustangs, China, nuclear proliferation, who will be the next world power, who is the current world power, and why some person I've never heard of should cross post to a dozen different groups.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Well, Tom, any of us could have made the same mistake. I, too, would not have thought a lawnmower could unearth so much stuff. It's just one of those things I guess we look back on, and whistfully tell our grandchildren when we're reminiscing.

Reply to
BDragon

I was also guilty on the lawnmower OT affair.

I believe that the mower thread wasn't the problem. We seem to go through this about once a year. If everyone will cease feeding any troll that crossposts, the problem will go way in a couple of weeks.

Paul H.

Reply to
Paul H.

Sigh, I admit I've helped feed the trolls. Sorry.

Joel Jacobs

4thC4at60
Reply to
Joel Jacobs

While it is drastically off-topic, and definitely not contributing to a better news group, some of it is kind of funny to think some of these people are serious about what they are saying.

And I liked the link to the mobile homes.

Face it Joel, you got sucked in. Happens to a lot of people. It happens because people can say things over the Internet without fear that someone will put a fist down their throat. while I like the anonymity, sometimes I wish there was a bit more accountability of who each was that was saying things. Might slow down the garbage.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

While it is drastically off-topic, and definitely not contributing to a better news group, some of it is kind of funny to think some of these people are serious about what they are saying.

And I liked the link to the mobile homes.

Face it Joel, you got sucked in. Happens to a lot of people. It happens because people can say things over the Internet without fear that someone will put a fist down their throat. while I like the anonymity, sometimes I wish there was a bit more accountability of who each was that was saying things. Might slow down the garbage.

To keep this on Corvettes, I changed valve cover gaskets on the '79 last night. Makes me want to punch the nose of some of the engineers responsible for half that garbage under the hood. I remember when I could change the valve cover gaskets in 15 minutes tops on a small block, but it took me that long to get the stupid things off. After that, I had to clean it all up, straighten the things out, replace them, put in real bolts and retainers that spread the pressure, then reroute a half dozen vacuum lines, of which I found three in the wrong place, and finally it was done.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

I have to admit, sometimes it seems like the engineers come in drunk on Monday and re-route the vaccum lines just to give everyone fits.

Reply to
BDragon

Try working on a new front wheel drive car. Then you'll appreciate your Vette a lot more. Just pull the radiator out of a Taurus, that should so it.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Well, I recall changing the plugs on my old Mustang GT 5.0. Took three extensions, two universal joints, and compound elbows. (And I'm an engineer!)

I used to have a '58 Roadmaster. To work on that big V8 you just walked into the engine compartment, sat down on the frame rail, and went to it. But when it was new everyone screamed about its crowded engine compartment.

I figure maybe ten years from now, if you drop a dime under a car's hood it'll never reach the pavement. Probably never be found. By then everyone will be waxing nostalgic about the inherent simplicity and ease of repair of the current FWD shoeboxes.

-- Vandervecken (who is not a part of the vacuum line conspiracy)

Reply to
Vandervecken

Reply to
Greg

I thought it was all foreign or sports related about a crowded engine compartment until I inherited my Dad's 1979 F250 with a 460 ci in it. Holy hell, you can climb up into that thing and skate on the air cleaner cover and not worry about falling off because there's no place to go. The ground is but a mystery, and that's one big engine compartment to have no spare room.

Reply to
BDragon

LMAO!!! I think it was that same 460 C.I. engine that caused Ford to start printing mileage estimates as Gal./Mi. instead of Mi./Gal.

Reply to
StingRay

LOLOLOL YOU RAT BASTARD!!! ;-) hehehehehe

We are also a bunch of humans that have a nagging habit of interacting with each other. I don't see a thing wrong with asking your Vette Buddies about lawn mowers. You can bet a bunch of Vette guys are more than likely gonna know more about lawnmowers than say, a group of Dungeons and Dragons Nerds. Plus you can still drive a lawnmower like a Vette. LOL Comon fess up people..... we have all hung that turn to go back down the next row waaay too fast from time to time, and went from reverse to forward to pop a wheelie every once in a while. :-)

Tom >Well, I have to take credit for the downfall. I asked about a lawn mower.

Reply to
RicSeyler

Egad zookies, that's why the Yuros love the Ford. Crossing into Mexico last week, I swapped the DIC into metric and the readout was "7.3 L/100km." -- a real "less is more" situation.

Paul H.

Reply to
Paul H.

Dratskis, I didn't want anyone to know about how I put the Lawnboy in the bushes last weekend on that fast switchback.

-- Vandervecken "Happiness is four hunnert horsepower an' a stick shift"

Reply to
Vandervecken

Reply to
RicSeyler