Corvette assembly plant feedback update

Back in January 25th 2007 there was a post telling us how GM was starting to listen to Corvette owners feedback. The following link was supplied by another group, not alt.autos.corvette, so we could contact
GM with our thoughts. http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/survey/index.htm
I had very little to complain about on the '05 but thought I'd get their reaction to a little problem, shifter rattle in third gear. Here's part of what I received in return. -
"We are aware of the shifter rattle issue and we have been working on it. We have identified the cause and there will be a bulletin and service parts late March or early April.
Ask your dealership to notify you when news comes out.
It is because of these types of issues that we initiated the owner feedback on our website. Thanks to people like you, earlier indentification is possible and we can move faster to keep the aggrevation level to a minimum. The knob rattle was not a 100% problem and our driving of the cars is limited. We had to find a way to detect and analyze and all of this falls under GM's continuous improvement objective.
Thank you for your comments about your corvette. I think the car is a "home run" and it causes a lot of people a lot of stress when we disappoint anyone, especially knowing you could have spent your money on a competitor's car. Please feel free to share this info with your friends and encourage them to use the feedback option on the web. We really do read the comments.
Thanks,
Ron Halcomb"
What have I hear? Nothing. What did I expect? Just what I got.
For those of you that haven't driven the 6-speed C5/C6 the rattle has been in some of them since 1997, maybe they just need more time.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

The shifter rattled on my '60. So far the '02 is OK--OTOH, I don't have much hearing left. -- PJ

That's real nice of Chevy to put that feedback form up. Who would have thought that they still care?
I never even thought of mentioning the shifter rattle on mine. That's OK though because most of the time the diff and trans are whining so loud I can't hear the uhhhh... cassette*(1)* deck either.
I did mention that I have few squeaks and rattles and that parts are getting a bit hard to find but overall ... considering that mine is worth about ten times it's original price - I'm OK with the noise and stuff. Will I buy another Corvette? Nope, no need, this one still works fine and still turns my crank.
30837S - (;-)
*(1) Antique analog recording contraption that pre dates MP3's. introduced in the '60's it was based on magnetic impulses recorded on rust glued to a piece of plastic film.
isn't it the thought that counts?