Corvette C5 Insurance and extended warranty

Page 1 of 2
Was just curious if other C5 Corvette owners could share with me how much they pay yearly for Insurance on their vettes.
Also wanted to know the best place to buy an extended warranty for a C5
after the factory/dealer warranty runs out....apart from the GM warranty.
I recently went to Great America in Santa Clara, CA for the "Auto Show in Motion" and test deove the Manual and Automatic C6. They handle well, but look like ugly duckies compared to the C5.
thanks

I pay $265 a half for my ugly duck, was about the same for the C5s I had.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Oop's, I'm sorry, I see you wanted the cost for a year, that would be $530 for the ugly duck. Checking to make sure I don't lead you astray I found the cost of the C5 which was $518.
--
Dad
05 C6 Ugly Duck Silver/Red 6spd Z51
"Dad" < snipped-for-privacy@fisher.net> wrote in message

$530 a year!! Maybe I've been in Las Vegas too long and forgot what normal insurance rates are like. I'm paying slightly over double that a year for my 99. I have a clean traffic record and I'll be turning 47 soon.

That must be liability only.

Yeah, right, on an 05 Corvette you get liability only. The question is mute, insurance is based on many things, one of which is the car. Then you start to look at the driver, his age, driving record, accidents, claims, number of cars insured, where he lives, is it used for work, and so on to get the bottom dollar. My Cadillac's run about the same so it ain't just a low liability on a Corvette.
No Offense Dad. I think the car feels fantastic.. It took me less than 5 seconds to hit 60mph... I was really giving it gas...
It just that c5s are so much sleeker.

Low rates come from me living in the sticks, town next to me is under 200 population.
My '72 never has to be licensed and the insurance on it is about $90 a year. Plus I'm more than twice your age but do have some speeding tickets. I liked the C5s I had but the C6 was easy to get used to after driving it 14,000 miles, except for the stupid reverse to shut it off thing that they changed for the '06. Ugly is a subjective thing, if she put out like you want forget about it.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

C5
Show
had.
mute,
of
I find $265 for six months on a Corvette hard to believe. Perhaps you don't drive it much. I am 64 with no tickets and use USAA. I pay $937.67 every 6 months for an 03 Pilot, 03 Civic and 01 Prelude 5spd with only my wife and myself on the policy;we are located in Middle GA . Heck, the Prelude, which I drive 50 miles roundtrip each day to work, is $385.00. Given the cost of the Prelude, which is a performance coupe that is nowhere near what a Vette is capable of, I should imagine my insurance for me on a Vette would be out of sight. I have queried other insurance companies -- Allstate, GEICO and so forth and they are even higher.

Why should you believe me, I don't believe you.

The '05 sits allot only has 14,000 miles on it and been to 14 states besides that I drive the '72 every chance I get.

The problem might be the foreign cars you drive and they are punishing you for your choices. ;-)

You mean you don't have a clue about what the insurance for a Corvette costs but you choose not to believe me? Never and I mean never, while in 4 different insurance companies over 40 years, have I paid more that 10% more to drive the Corvette over a stationwagon/van/sedan in Chevrolet/Buick/Oldsmobile/Cadillac. Since I have never owned and never will own a foreign car I feel for the high cost of insurance you are being ripped off for. I still remember getting the bill on my '61 Corvette and a '63 Impala (new) that were $83 and $89 per half.
To answer the question about the extended warranty I've never had one and my first new Corvette was purchased in the fall of 1956 and the last 10-08-2005. In that span of time I'm out about $1,600 in repairs that I paid for that included an $800 computer.
--

Life is a sexually transmitted condition that is always fatal.

number
besides
and
cost
would
costs
more
will
ripped
I have owned Corvettes before, albeit over 30 years ago and the insurance was high -- more than an XKE Jag I owned. But, then I was around 30 at the time. I suspect that the type of driver in Vettes today are quite different today vs 30 years ago. And, that maybe why Preludes are high -- most are driven by kids whereas most Vettes owners I have seen around here are even older than I am. On such goes to the same church I do. I'll have to ask him and I suppose eat crow.

my
paid

is
the
low
you
different
him
More on this. Checked with my fellow church goer, he's in his early 70s and has a 2 year old C5 conv.... GEICO hits him up with a little over $600.00 every six months. He uses the Vette only on Sundays and is retired. So, auto insurance in our area is likely to be higher than you have in yours. I should imagine if the car was used to and from work, the rate would be quite a bit higher.

and
Well as I stated here is my quote from farmers ins that I have scanned in... $600 is Outrageous for only 6 months
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2146000-2146999/2146597_6_full.jpg
Mines $326 and I am only 36...
And that is my quote for Texas where I am moving, here in Los Angeles where I am right now I pay a little more than $400 every six months with Mercury ins........................Full coverage.............
--
ZRiX (<>..<>)
"TWW" < snipped-for-privacy@cox.net> wrote in message
Snip

Might be because I don't go to your church, no telling why an insurance company sets its rate. Also I drove mine to work and there was no change in the rate. My guess is that you're in an insurance area that knows it can make you bleed and if given that kind of opportunity you'll bleed. My step dad came from Colby KS. and if you think my rates are low get some one there to quote you a rate.
Get it if you can afford it and you shouldn't be worried about the cost of insurance. It always tickles me when someone gets one and is surprised it don't get the same mileage that he got with his Vespa or in your case the insurance was higher. All things are relative, now take my uncle Frank................
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2146000-2146999/2146597_6_full.jpg
Mines $326 and I am only 36...
--
"TWW" < snipped-for-privacy@cox.net> wrote in message
I pay about 27$ a month from gm..... not sure on the insurance 300$ a months 4 cars 2004 grand cherokee,2003 vette 92 z28, 94 lhs

Paying about $400 annually in New Hampshire with AAA.
Jason 2001 Pewter C5 Coupe

These rates you are quoting are VERY low . If you live near a large city , you're going to pay WAY more , even if your driving record is perfect . I'm 10 miles North of Detroit , no points or accidents on my record and I pay about 900.00 per year for my 91 convertible . I got a quote on an 06 C-6 ( planning on buying one in a few months ) and it's going to cost about 1900.00 per year to insure it . -Dana