Corvette C5 Insurance and extended warranty

-Dana

there are many factors that come into play when buying insurance. I live in a large city and have a 84 - c4. Ionly pay $540 per-year and thats with state farm.

Reply to
"Key

More on this. Checked with my fellow church goer, he's in his early 70s and has a 2 year old C5 conv.... GEICO hits him up with a little over $600.00 every six months. He uses the Vette only on Sundays and is retired. So, auto insurance in our area is likely to be higher than you have in yours. I should imagine if the car was used to and from work, the rate would be quite a bit higher.

Reply to
TWW

Well as I stated here is my quote from farmers ins that I have scanned in... $600 is Outrageous for only 6 months

Mines $326 and I am only 36...

And that is my quote for Texas where I am moving, here in Los Angeles where I am right now I pay a little more than $400 every six months with Mercury ins........................Full coverage.............

Reply to
ZÿRiX

Might be because I don't go to your church, no telling why an insurance company sets its rate. Also I drove mine to work and there was no change in the rate. My guess is that you're in an insurance area that knows it can make you bleed and if given that kind of opportunity you'll bleed. My step dad came from Colby KS. and if you think my rates are low get some one there to quote you a rate.

Get it if you can afford it and you shouldn't be worried about the cost of insurance. It always tickles me when someone gets one and is surprised it don't get the same mileage that he got with his Vespa or in your case the insurance was higher. All things are relative, now take my uncle Frank................

Reply to
Dad

From reading all of the responses, it seems as though rates are set by the dartboard technique.

Reply to
TWW

State regulations come into play in some locations (good driver discounts versus zip code differences etc. -- California even allows a discount for "persistency" whatever that is.) My experience with USAA shows a big difference between a car that commutes and one that doesn't. My current policy (2 drivers, 55-alive AARP certs, clean records) 500 deductible collision:

'03 LeSabre 8000 miles per year no commute $ 520 / yr '89 C4 Coupe 4000 miles per year no commute 440 / yr '02 C5 Coupe 4000 miles per year no commute 504 / yr

The C4 will switch to 3 days per week of commute next January and the rate will more than double.

PJ

Reply to
PJ