Corvette C5 Insurance and extended warranty

Page 2 of 2
My C6 cost me 595.00 a year My C4 cost me 480.00 a year.

Well damn ! When I asked about a C3 (1981) vette, the cost for insurance was as low as $200 a year in addition to my Passat for which I pay about $800 a year... Seems the c3 corvette (350cc) is not considered to be a performance car by Allstate and is a classic so the $200 is liability only... Plus registering a c3 cost just $40..
Now for a C5 (2000) I was Quoted $1600 a year. and registration would cost me $200. I have a great driving record, no accidents, no claims. married, above 30 years..

-Dana
there are many factors that come into play when buying insurance. I live in a large city and have a 84 - c4. Ionly pay $540 per-year and thats with state farm.
--
"Key"

----snip---
I was suprised, my 04 C5 runs about $800 a year. My '97 Ford F150 runs $1200 a year. My Vette is "recreational use" and my truck is my daily driver. I have ZERO points and all the discounts.
Ed

From reading all of the responses, it seems as though rates are set by the dartboard technique.
TWW wrote:

State regulations come into play in some locations (good driver discounts versus zip code differences etc. -- California even allows a discount for "persistency" whatever that is.) My experience with USAA shows a big difference between a car that commutes and one that doesn't. My current policy (2 drivers, 55-alive AARP certs, clean records) 500 deductible collision:
'03 LeSabre 8000 miles per year no commute $ 520 / yr '89 C4 Coupe 4000 miles per year no commute 440 / yr '02 C5 Coupe 4000 miles per year no commute 504 / yr
The C4 will switch to 3 days per week of commute next January and the rate will more than double.
PJ