Corvette LT-1 1992 with self starting AC

My 1992 Corvette LT-1, with 25,000 miles, air conditioning begins starting on its own and the warning light shows "check engine soon." After 5-8 min. the AC and lights go out and stays out, but when
restarting the engine, the same problem begins again. Can anyone advise?
Can't think of anything specific, my 92 never has done that, but I would first, and always suspect a bad ground SOMEWHERE in the dash.
Or connector on the computer.
GeorgeC Red/Red 92 LT-1