Corvette Storage

Does anyone know of a good product to keep the mice away? Thanks from CT.

Reply to
Bob G.

I used to surround my car with that green poison "mouse food". Like 12 trays of it. It does not kill instantly, so you may get some "mouse activity" but it sure minimizes it. I never had any mouse "damage".... but I found a few dead mice on the floor mats and in the tailpipe. You could also put glue traps on the front floor mats... to get anone thinking of going up under that dash.

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

I have heard of ppl puttting clothes dryer sheets under the hood and in the passenger compartment. I don't like the idea of poisons because they eat it and just go somewhere to die, often times where you don't want them. Glue boards don't work well when it gets below freezing but I do lay them on the floor boards anyway. Otherwise I put dryer sheets under the hood, put snap traps by each wheel, plug the exhaust ports with foam. Beyond that I have traps along the walls near the garage doors. I had one mouse do $300 worth of damage to my fuel injector wiring, cabin air ducts/fan, and hood liner. A friend of mine who is a professional exterminator recommended I do what I described above.

Would be interested in hearing what others have had work and not work for them.

Mish

Reply to
Gary Mishler

"Gary Mishler"

I find that amazing still. One little mouse with a pet store retail value of 49 cents can do that much damage.

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

Reply to
Smarty

My C5 gets parked in a neighbor's feedbarn. We park the wheels in large plastic pans (upside down garbage can lids). We fill the lids with cellulose house insulation. (shredded newsprint that's chemically fireproofed.)

No mice evidence but I'm getting some discoloration of the tires.

So far, no mice have jumped from the rafters.

-- pj

Reply to
pj

I bought an ultra sonic anti mosquito device that plugs into the mains. It is claimed to keep away cats dogs mice rats etc and I have had one plugged in near my car for two winters now with no signs of any mice about. It does not consume hardly any current, either.

Best of luck. George.

Reply to
George