Corvette Z06 tires/wheels on a C6

i'm not really a car guy, in regards to the mechanical technicalites...

RE:

Tires/Wheels section

but my question is, is it ok to put the Z06 tires and wheels on a C6? w/o any negative performance/reliability issues

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

:>i'm not really a car guy, in regards to the mechanical technicalites... :>

:>RE:

Tires/Wheels section:>

:>

:>

:>but my question is, is it ok to put the Z06 tires and wheels on a C6? :>w/o any negative performance/reliability issues

Why do you need to know?

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

just answer the question, if you know - thank you very much

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

Reply to
Bob I

:>just answer the question, if you know - thank you very much

Yes Lawrence, do.

And also what car do you own and drive?

:>> :>i'm not really a car guy, in regards to the mechanical technicalites... :>> :>

:>> :>RE:

Tires/Wheels section:>> :>

:>> :>

:>> :>

:>> :>but my question is, is it ok to put the Z06 tires and wheels on a C6? :>> :>w/o any negative performance/reliability issues :>>

:>> Why do you need to know? :>> :>

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

:>It would likely be a clearance issue if anything. That and you would :>suffer a minor mileage penalty. If you are really in a position to need :>the information, why not try asking in one of the Corvette forums where :>there is likely a vendor who has set up one that way? And if you are :>concerned about warranty issues, ask a couple Chevy dealers.

Lawrence knows he'll be picked apart on the Corvette forums faster than a 16 lb cooked turkey.

:>>> :>i'm not really a car guy, in regards to the mechanical technicalites... :>>> :>

:>>> :>RE:

Tires/Wheels section:>>> :>

:>>> :>

:>>> :>

:>>> :>but my question is, is it ok to put the Z06 tires and wheels on a C6? :>>> :>w/o any negative performance/reliability issues :>>>

:>>> Why do you need to know? :>>>

:>> :>>

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

So it turns out the guy who comes in here trumpeting a 147 hp/l Porsche engine is "not really a car guy, in regards to the mechanical technicalities". But I guess he can read a stats sheet. LOL.

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Reply to
CardsFan

lol - you're confusing what I'm asking with what's different.

any bozo can calculate horsepower/liter...but what I am asking now is something a Corvette mechanic could only answer - which I'm not, that's why i'm asking. and my question isn't revealed on a stats sheet.

...know the difference.

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

:>lol - you're confusing what I'm asking with what's different. :>

:>any bozo can calculate horsepower/liter...but what I am asking now is :>something a Corvette mechanic could only answer - which I'm not, that's why :>i'm asking. and my question isn't revealed on a stats sheet. :>

:>...know the difference.

Silly boy. Folks routinely put Z06 wheels and tires on their C6's. They aren't Corvette mechanics, and they hang out in the Corvette forums.

I would be happy to answer your question Lawrence as soon as you answer mine. :)

:>"CardsFan" wrote :>> news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... :>>> On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 08:54:19 -0600, Bob I wrote: :>>>

:>>> :>It would likely be a clearance issue if anything. That and you would :>>> :>suffer a minor mileage penalty. If you are really in a position to need :>>> :>the information, why not try asking in one of the Corvette forums where :>>> :>there is likely a vendor who has set up one that way? And if you are :>>> :>concerned about warranty issues, ask a couple Chevy dealers. :>>>

:>>> Lawrence knows he'll be picked apart on the Corvette forums faster :>>> than a 16 lb cooked turkey. :>>

:>> So it turns out the guy who comes in here trumpeting a 147 hp/l Porsche :>> engine is "not really a car guy, in regards to the mechanical :>> technicalities". But I guess he can read a stats sheet. LOL. :>>

:>> AJM :>> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops) :>> :>

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

WHY?

Just go away.

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

this doesn't apply to the good people; but corvette people are bitchy

Reply to
Lawrence Lugar

:>> Just go away. :>>

:>

:>this doesn't apply to the good people; but corvette people are bitchy

Just go away Lawrence.

:>>>

:>>>

:>>>

:>>>

:>>>

:>>>> :>i'm not really a car guy, in regards to the mechanical :>>>> technicalites... :>>>> :>

Tires/Wheels section:>>>> :>

:>>>> :>

:>>>> :>

:>>>> :>but my question is, is it ok to put the Z06 tires and wheels on a C6? :>>>> :>w/o any negative performance/reliability issues :>>>>

:>>>> Why do you need to know? :>>>>

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel