Cruise Control & 1 to 4

I disconnected the 1 to 4 on my 1993 Convetible Vette. Just now notice that my Criuse Control does not work. Can anyone tell me if it is due to disconnecting the 1 to 4 ?

Reply to
Mike Cenni

Should not have any effect... my C4 and my C5 both had the cags disconnected and Cruise functioned on both

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Did you simply disconnect it? I installed a device from Eckler's on the trans to defeat the 1-4 skipshift and the cruise control still works.

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Reply to
CardsFan

'91 C4: Unplugged CAGS. '94 Firebird LT1: Unplugged CAGS. '00 C5: Replaced CAGS with 2.2K ohm resistor.

No cruise control problems with any.

How did you do it?

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light