Cruise Control & 1 to 4

I disconnected the 1 to 4 on my 1993 Convetible Vette. Just now notice that my Criuse Control does not work. Can anyone tell me if it is due to disconnecting the 1 to 4 ?

Should not have any effect... my C4 and my C5 both had the cags disconnected and Cruise functioned on both
Bob G.

Did you simply disconnect it? I installed a device from Eckler's on the trans to defeat the 1-4 skipshift and the cruise control still works.
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
'91 C4: Unplugged CAGS. '94 Firebird LT1: Unplugged CAGS. '00 C5: Replaced CAGS with 2.2K ohm resistor.
No cruise control problems with any.
How did you do it?