Dashboard for a 1969 Vette

I have a 1969 vette. The dash is cracked and I want to replace it. Does anyone know where I can purchase a used dashboard? Or does anyone know where I can purchase a new dash for less than what's shown in Ecklers?
And is the dash difficult to remove and replace for someone who has done stuff like tune ups and replaced the front carpeting?
Finally, does anyone know anything about the dash pads that supposedly go on top of the old dashboard? How do they look?
Thanks, Charles
Add pictures here
✖
On 17 Jan 2006 10:26:15 -0800, "Charles Halliman"

====================2 years ago used dashpads for C3's were a dime a dozen (not literally but you get the point) at Carlisle. choice of colors etc.. .
Last year I found exactly two for sale...both cracked !
I do NOT know of anyone cheaper then Ecklers , Mid America. etc.. on reproduction complete dash pads... .
The "skins" that you glue over your exsisting dask look fine IF you install them correctly ..and its not not real hard to do...
BUT buying one really depends on what direction you are going with the car...fun weekend driver ? or a Resto job? do you holes for dash speakers or not? you really care if the stitching pattern is stock looking or not...
Personally I need to replace the dash pad in my 76. and I most likely will glue a skin on it... it should have speaker holes most skins do not.. BUT I do not care !
Bob G. 64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes
Add pictures here
✖
Concerning my direction: I drive the car a lot. And I try to replace a part with the "right" part unless I can't get the part. The dash is the first part for which I'm considering a substitute.
Where will you purchase the skin you plan to glue on? And is the "skin" you are planning to purchase made of plastic?
Charles
Add pictures here
✖
Bob,
I just went on Ebay and found a company called Pacifica in California. They have new upper corvette dash pads for $254.00. Do you or anyone know anything about Pacifica and the quality of the parts Pacifica sells?
Thanks, Charles
Add pictures here
✖

suggest having yours recovered by your local trim shop..

like crap ! the ones I have seen are plastic...
my¢
--
"Key"
Grant me the senility to forget the people

Had mine done by a local automobile reupholstery shop. Chose the color and material. $150. Looks like a new one.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:10:53 -0800, "BDragon"

===============Local Upholster show definately can install a new covering on your dash .... Price will vary naturally dependent on the labor rate and the material.... I would remove the dash and take it in....
The Skins are vinyl ...good ones look like & feel like the original vinyl dash covering... I have seen some that looked like crap (usually very poor installation) and some that looked like they were Factory installed...
Bob G.
Add pictures here
✖

I had my local Cadillac Dealer, (they have a trim shop) recover my dash on my 84/c4. I took it out of the car and brought it to them. They charged me $125.00. That price also covered the two speaker covers.
g'luck