Death of another fine Ford?

The local Ford dealer got a GT (40) in with a price tag of $151,000 and change. Looks even tougher that the original did, blown with rollers for tires. Dealer claims that the present HP is 550 and not 500 as it started
out in life. He also said the Company was going to build 8,000 of them and will be lucky to complete 800 of them this year.
Fords shows the specs as - Engine Type: DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, supercharged V-8 Engine Displacement (L): 5.4 Bore/Stroke (mm): 90.2x105.8 Displacement (cu in/cc): 330/5409 Compression Ratio (in/mm): 8.4:1 Material: Aluminum block Horsepower @ RPM: 550@6,500 Torque @ RPM (lb ft): 500@3,750 Horsepower Specific Output (hp/liter): 101.9 Torque Specific Output (lb ft/liter): 92.6 Recommended Fuel: 91 octane (premium) Fuel System: Sequential multi-port electronic fuel injection -(SEFI) with dual injectors per cylinder Oil Capacity with Filter (quarts): 12 Usable Fuel Capacity (gal): 17.5
Here's the kicker, he, the dealer, was willing to sell it for $250,000, claimed that one had already sold for $300,000+. There was a slight smell of K-Y in the air. Will this car go the way of the Thunderbird and is that their goal?
Reminds me of the ZR1 when it came out, people bought them at inflated prices because they were going to become a good investment. Which some day they might but then I remember the last Eldorado convertible and how it was a great buy a 2X the list and how it went though the floor followed by the ZR1.
Still a great looking Ford and a shame they will build so few of them partially because of the greed factor.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Car and Driver has a full page on the GT problems in this months issue.
Here is the gist of it:
About 400 have already been recalled for a failure of the A arm suspension control arm. A few have electrical problems, climate control bugs, power steering and engine coolant leaks and steering column rattles.
The biggest issue comes from a number of cars with leaking crankshaft. Ford's FIX? Install a SpeedieSleeve, used in rebuilding engines.
I got a ride in one from a dealer/friend and was less than impressed. Not that I had to worry, as he already had it sold for just under $200k.
Chuck
THey do get greedy. I saw a 2002 Convertible with 6000 miles for sale for 42,000$. As I recal that 's about what a brand new one cost once the c6's came out.
-Stan

Chuck.K farted:

$151,000 and

rollers for

started
them and

-(SEFI)
$250,000,
smell of

that
inflated
some day

how it was

by the

them
I kinda doubt if he can move the G.T. for $300K. But you never know. Local [Wichita, KS] area dealers are still trying to get $5K to $10K over sticker for C6's. Lots of opportunistic dealers out there who cannot distinguish a customer from a mark - or just don't care. Guess they find enough marks.
Press reports vary a lot on the GT's future. You can, however, find reliable specs in any of the major car mags. Or likely even at Ford's website.
-- Vanderecken C6 droptop coming Thursday
Dad wrote:

Did Ford ever really think that an over 100K Ford would ever amount to anything except fluff?
If they want to do something like that, they should come out with a sub-brand to kinda start fresh with a new image.
Just my .02cents