Determine production date from vin

Never fails.

I'm out of town (by about 2k miles) and need to figure out the production date for one of my C-4s. Have an out of state buyer who needs the date code. Can it be done from the VIN?

If so, here is the VIN for those with books.

1G1YY6782G59024xx

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck.K

Here is a chart from an earlier posting. Maybe this will be able to help.

1 G 1 A Y 8 7 6 4 B S 420 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2

1st digit: Country of origin: 1 = USA, 2 = Canada.

2nd digit: G = General Motors 3rd digit: Division, 1 = Chevrolet. 4th digit: Restraint system: A = Non-passive, B = Automatic belts, C = Inflatable restraint 5th digit: Series: P = Camaro Sport Coupe, S = Camaro Berlinetta Y = Corvette 6th & 7th digit: Body Style: 87 = Sport Coupe 8th digit: Engine : See specific year for breakdown. 9th digit: Check digit - used to verify that the VIN was recorded correctly. 10th digit: Year: B = 1981 11th digit: Letter indicating assembly plant S = St. Louis, 5 = Bowling Green 12th through 17th digits: Sequential production number starting with 400001.

If this does not help you can go back a few pages on the forum and check. The discussion was on VIN numbers.

Reply to
keithdesselle

Reply to
hehatemetoo69