Do Big Engines with custom exhaust vibrate ??

I'm about to buy a 96 firebird 5.7 LT-1. I test drove it today, but it felt kind of rough when in idle, but as soon as I steped on the gas, that thing would spin tires. Is this a normal vibration with big motors? The oil pressure would be at a quarter when idling, then half way or a little more when cruising at normal speeds. Engine seemed normal, no smoke or noises. Thanks for any comments since I have never ever driven big sport muscle cars before. Thanks.

Reply to
RCjesse

No, I don't think that's normal, an LT-1 V8 should idle very smoothly unless it's had a cam change. If you're equating noise with smoothness, however, that might be a different story because headers and a loud exhaust may give you the impression of roughness without the vibrations of a rough idle.

Invest the money (

Reply to
WayneC