Does anyone have a ProCharger installation ?

Upon investigation for an LS2 , it appears that an ATI ProCharger is the way to go for a SC using an air to air intercooler. If anyone has one, how loud are they under boost ? Any problems ? What type of oil do they take ? Opinions ?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
dave

I have one. When it works I love it. Not saying that there is anything wrong with the ATI Procharger itself, it's getting it in your car perfectly alligned so there wont be belt issues that is the problem. I'm almost an expert in serpentine belt issues on C5's. I've had it for about 30,000 miles. The car has 90,000 miles on it. It's time to rebuild the bearings in the procharger. I haven't gotten around to pulling it off the car and mailing it.. 20 degrees around these parts.. a little chilly to spend a few hours in the garage. Otherwise the power is ridiculous. My 335's 18's won't hook up at all at any speed. 0, 10, 30, 60 mph-- it doesn't matter-- you can burn rubber. BFG drag radials are definately the way to go with procharger applications. Just don't drive in the rain. Would I do it again? Hell yea. The oil is super easy to change. Unscrew a cap and suck it out with a plastic syringe. Put new in. Cost about $5 or $7 per bottle. You buy it straight from ATI in batches of four bottles I think.

-Stan

"dave" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3232.bay.webtv.net...

Reply to
sbright

From what i can gather it rally depends on the unit, some are much loude than others.

mine tends to be much more noticeable at idle than when makeing boost. i have a D1 with intercooler on my C4, and have had no issues with it at all, after i got everything correct on the installation. there install instructions were a bit off and i ended up pressurizing the block under boost and that took all the seals out of the motor.

i am not a big fan of the self contained units, they tend to run very hot, from what i have seen and read, i prefer the ones that feed engine oil to them and back to the pan.

the are a lot of people that have been had great results with the Vortec units from Greg Carrol at "blowerworks" he uses water/meth injection in place of a aftercooler.

Another great source of info is the "Corvette Forum" There are a couple of books out there that you might want to pick up, one is "supercharged" by Corky Bell and the other one is about supercharging by A. Grahm Bell

Greg N

Reply to
not

Thanks fellas for your thoughts and input. Im picking up my new 2006 LS2 today and once broken in good, im having the P1 Procharger system added in conjunction with the DynaTech Supermaxx headers/exhaust system with Corsa cat back and two 3.5" tips. DId either of you do an exhaust system upgrade on yours ? IF so, which one ? If you got headers, is there a ton of heat gain in the cabin ? Lastly, is there room for an additional intercooler , and, would it be beneficial if one could be fit in ?

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
dave

Reply to
RicSeyler

ROTFLMAO!!! Good reminder Ric! Lest We Forget! *LOL*

Reply to
Cool Jet

Just a bit of information on the Corsa. I had the Corsa Indy on both the C5s, and liked them. The C6 with the Corsa Sport is just marginal as far as a good sound goes and they are supposed to be the louder of the 2 types offered. It adds cabin noise at idle which the Indy did not. No where near as dynamic at WOT. I let someone drive it at our autocross so I could hear them outside the car and it didn't impress me. If you do go that way it needs an "X" pipe to cut out the backfiring on deceleration and when you shift. Don't go by what a C5 sounds like to buy your cat backs for a C6.

Reply to
Dad

'If you do go that way it needs an "X" pipe to cut out the backfiring on deceleration and when you shift.'

REPLY: The Supermaxx exhaust system im getting comes with headers, collectors, cats, an 'x' and outlet pipes. I have an 'x' on my 1970 BB and it helped a bit on the tq. in addition to making it much quieter at highway speeds.

Reply to
dave

WWJD?

Buy a used Pope-mobile, then have it converted to solar power/electric

Still LMAO!

Reply to
Cool Jet