Does anyone take up two parking spaces at a parking lot ?

Page 1 of 4
Just wondering if anyone with their Vette takes up two parking spaces in a parking lot * PROVIDING they park quite a distance from the place they are going into , and, if the parking lot is fairly empty ? (
*please note the qualification). The point of doing this is to avoid people dinging your car because theyve parked too close to you , and not show off or be flashy.
If you dont park double, and if you park single...do you try to park in a corner and if so, have you had people park too close to you and/or have you gotton vandalized with your Vette being so far out in the parking lot ?
Lastly, if you know youll be parking in a parking lot for some time...do you just take your tin car instead of the vette ?
What is your preference out of the above ?
Thanks.
I use the handicapped parking space to avoid door dings. My doctor signed the papers to get me a handicapped placard because "most people are handicapped because of morbid obesity and they need to walk farther."
(Let the flames begin!)
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:59:36 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (dave) wrote:

(dave)

At work, I park in a parking garage, and I always take an end space and put it as far away from the next spot as I can. When parking in a shopping center lot, I park far away where there are no other cars. This still doesn't work though. I've parked a half-mile out with no other cars in sight and when I went back to the car, there were two cars right next to mine. Maybe they were checking to see if it was locked, maybe just looking it over, there was no damage to it. Still, aggravating...
Here at work, taking up two spots will get you a $20 parking ticket. At the mall, taking up two spots is asking to get keyed, even if you're parked out in the boondocks. JMO.
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 speed (both tops)
'I use the handicapped parking space to avoid door dings. My doctor signed the papers to get me a handicapped placard because "most people are handicapped because of morbid obesity and they need to walk farther." (Let the flames begin!)'
REPLY: Well, how much would i have to weigh in order to get a legal Handicapped Placard due to morbid obesity ? Might be worth eating Hostess Twinkies and Pecan Pie morning, noon, and night for the next 4 years ; but then i wouldnt be able to get in and out of the Vette !
You'd have to weigh 300 pounds. Didn't you see the episode of the Simpson's where Homer gained #300 to get on disability?
On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:37:21 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (dave) wrote:

'You'd have to weigh 300 pounds. Didn't you see the episode of the Simpson's where Homer gained #300 to get on disability?'
REPLY: I dont think Doctors consider 300 lbs. 'morbid obesity' ; a man over 6'5" could weigh 300 and just look well-covered. No, i dont watch The Simpsons and the only Homer i know is from the Beverly Hillbillys.
On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 07:27:36 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (dave) wrote:

There was a fat guy (400+) who owned my C4 before me. He broke the left side of the tilt wheel (pivot pin) by using the steering wheel to pull himself out of the car (he would then walk over to the passenger side of the car to remove the small oxygen tank and cart). He also ruined the driver seat due to his weight. In some cases there is more damage done to the car by the driver than the people who park next to it.
(dave)

Homer in the Beverly Hillbillies??? You must be thinking of Ellie May?
ZRiX
(`'..(<>..<>)..')

Gooollleey Sarge, I need to spend more time watchen dem dare shows mure closer.
ZRiX
(`'..(<>..<>)..')

closer. (I don't see any Homer on the list, though) Probably out dinging doors.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020908060309050202030900 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
PFFFFFTTTT HAHAHAHA! Ole Dave isn't the most "socially aware" of the bunch
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
RicSeyler wrote:

Astute observation! Hey Ric, you gittin' battened down?
Good news this a.m. is that Ernesto might just graze the east coast and stay tame.
-- PJ
Yea it looks like it might just fizzle out. I think by tomorrow we should be able to tell if it stays formed. I have everything I need except for gas. I have a whole system for preparing for no electricity. All extension cords, plug adapters, box of flashlights, 2 pedestal fans and generator. I can be up watching DirecTV and fridges running with fans blowing in a half an hour. :-) Got plenty of practice and been through enough to have all the components I need worked out.
If it gets into the Gulf and looks like it will stay formed, I'll shoot to the gas station and fill my 10 gas cans before the rush. I can always use the gas next summer for yard work, etc.
PJ wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

you can take up motorcycling. I got a tag on everything. comes in handy too... bad leg from 41+ years of motorcycles :-)
--
"Key"
=====

Only when I'm pulling my trailer with my pulling tractor on it.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Leave the Vette at home.
I knew a guy in high school many years ago, that would drive right up next to any car parked in more than one spot, and intentionally park close and smash his door into that car, he would then get out and leave his 5 tone Junker rust bucket Camaro right next to the offending car...
Why make your car any more of a target for bad attitudes and actions?

same thing happen a few times to a friend of mine. although, he was driving a cadillac...
--
"Key"
=====

We lived in Texas, for a while, and I parked at the mall, and saw an elderly lady park her Cadillac, away from all other cars, and made her way slowly to the mall entrance. I was thinking that she probably could have parked in the disabled spaces, when a pickup truck came up to park, next to her car, and the driver deliberately smashed his door into the Cadillac. I went to say something but quickly realized that he probably had a gun in his glove compartment (this being Texas) and decided that discretion was the better part of valor. She was probably driving the Cadillac because it was her only car, and her husband was now dead, but she could not let go of the past, or the car. The Luddite "rednecks" did not care. It was an insult to their failure to make anything of their life, and so they had to attack anyone who had a better life. I hoped she had insurance, and she probably did.
My friend just bought a 2006 Corvette, with all the bells and whistles, and can even call me, from the car, using some gee-whiz system. I was interested in a Ferrari, but after looking at the specs, I am getting much more interested in a Corvette (who knew that they raced at Le Mans and are really serious cars?)
Anyway, I told him to be very careful where he parks it. The low-lifes are all around.