Does anyone take up two parking spaces at a parking lot ?

Page 2 of 4
'when a pickup truck came up to park, next to her car, and the driver deliberately smashed his door into the Cadillac. I went to say something but quickly realized that he probably had a gun in his glove compartment
(this being Texas) and decided that discretion was the better part of valor. She was probably driving the Cadillac because it was her only car, and her husband was now dead, but she could not let go of the past, or the car. The Luddite "rednecks" did not care.'
REPLY: Im assuming the Truck then took off after doing the crime (?) . If so, i would have recorded their license plate number and left it on the ladies Cadillac telling her you were an eye witness . Or, i would have waited for her to come back out to her car and tell her personally. These sorts of crimes should not be let go so easily ; it screams out for justice.

well, if you were un-armed he would have been wrong if he pulled his gun. also. if ya really felt bad for the old-lady ? you could have told mall security..
my2 -- "Key"

not if he was the guy driving the pick up
sounds more like it to me kickstart
Whenever I see a Vette or MB etc taking up two spots I try to squeeze my old pickup truck in next to them...if they are parked out in the boondocks I park as close to them as possible....
I guess it's a Redneck thing....when I have to park my Vette I use the regular spaces..it's only a car and a few dings are not worth worrying about....I have owned 30-40 cars/trucks..so what is the big deal ...my only regret is selling my 1967 Shelby GT-500...now that was the blunder of a life time.
Redbull wrote:

No it's rank envy in it's purest form........

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

What number was yours? With only 2048 built it would be fun to track it down. This could turn out to be some story.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

LOLOLOLOL Oopesy :-)
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
dave wrote:

Taking up 2 spaces is just asking for your car to get keyed or your ass kicked. Your vette is just a car. Don't be so anal.

whats wrong with taking two spaces on the outside of the parking lot where there are no cars usually parked there to begin with. also, keying a car is a crime and should be prosecuted.

nah, if someone tried to kick my ass for the way I park. they would probably be in for a big suprize :-)
--
"Key"
=====

ZRiX
(`'..(<>..<>)..')

big surprise... can't really shoot someone over a parking space ...
--
"Key"
=====

ZRiX
(`'..(<>..<>)..')

The same thing that is wrong with walking around flipping people off. Both activities draw a bunch of negative attention to you or your car. If you like that kinda thing have at it...

If there are no cars usually parked there, why do you need two spots?
What makes you more special than anyone else in taking up 2 spots?
'whats wrong with taking two spaces on the outside of the parking lot where there are no cars usually parked there to begin with. '
If there are no cars usually parked there, why do you need two spots?
REPLY: In case more cars come and park next to yours. (?) . A lot might be fairly empty at one point, but an hour later it can be different.
What makes you more special than anyone else in taking up 2 spots?
REPLY: Its not an issue of being special (although thats what may go thru on Observers mind) ; its a matter of trying to keep your new Car from getting devalued by numerous dings and scratches from careless people. Frankly, I dont mind if non-Corvette Owners want to take up more than one space so long as they are tactful about it . If someone is trying to look after their new car that they worked hard to get, then, i appreciate their concern.

"tactful" In most peoples minds is everyone (no matter how special they think they or their car is) parking it in ONE spot.
You might think you and your car are special, many more people think your gluttonous parking habits are rude, selfish and shouldn't go unnoted, weather that be commenting directly to you, or damaging your precious car or whatever.
You asked if anyone takes up two parking spaces, the OVERWHELMING consensuses is, taking up two spots is rude, selfish and inappropriate, and that was here in the corvette group. You are free to behave that way, although now you can't do it in ignorance. Nor can you be surprised if some dolt damages your car because of your arrogant behavior.

Short answer -- Yes!
Last evening was one of intellectual enrichment. I glanced across the restaurant parking lot and noted that someone in a nicely painted truck had straddled two parking places. (Thought: Ah ha, Dave bought a truck -- wrong!) My bride pointed out that the truck had a handicapped plate and that all the handicap slots were taken. She then "explained" that the Calif. Vehicle Code provides for straddling two places when ...etc., etc. ...
I love these little "learning" sessions!
So, Dave -- see your doc, name your ailment and go for it.
Another option: In my younger years, an uncle used to take me down to Cicero for recreational pursuits. He always hired a street bum to "watch" his car. Change your eateries from the "corner diner" to something in South Chicago.
I'm outta this thread!
-- PJ '89 Hookercar '02 e-blu coupe
PJ wrote: So, Dave -- see your doc, name your ailment and go for it.
Can't ya just see him: "Doc. I have a severe mental defect that prevents me from ever acting like a normal intelligent human being and need a handicapped sticker"
Randy

I think you need to say what you really think and not choke it back to this kind of woosie answer. Then again anyone that would be naive enough to be serious about asking a question like this most likely won't understand a plain answer, as has been seen on the replies so far.
I always park by the cart return stalls, nobody goes near them.
I'm with PJ, this tread is a dead end...........
Dad :'Then again anyone that would be naive enough to be serious about asking a question like this most likely won't understand a plain answer, as has been seen on the replies so far.'
REPLY: I sense by the sarcasm that you still havent forgiven me Dad . So again, I hereby apologize for any offense toward yourself or your kinfolk in the past .