Does anyone take up two parking spaces at a parking lot ?

Page 3 of 4

key word was "usually". didn't say cars never park there.

also didn't insinuate anything about being special.
--
"Key"
=====

Add pictures here
✖
'Key wrote:

The fact that you believe you have a right to take two spots absolutely insinuates that you think you're special.
Second, you're trying to rationalize that it's OK since "no cars usually parked there". You're arguing in circles. If cars don't park there, then you don't need two spots. If cars do park there, your rationalization for taking two spots goes up in smoke.
Add pictures here
✖

you don't know me and you actually don't know what I believe.
--
"Key"
=====

Add pictures here
✖
'Key wrote:

I know what you've said, and it's clear what you believe.
Add pictures here
✖

what I said can be taken two ways. I guess you also you don't know me and don't know what I believe.
my2¢
--
"Key"
=====

Add pictures here
✖
'what I said can be taken two ways. I guess you also you don't know me and don't know what I believe. my2¢
--
"Key"'

REPLY: Well, tell him and us your beliefs so we can all know you !
✖
'what I said can be taken two ways. I guess you also you don't know me and don't know what I believe. my2¢
--
"Key"'

REPLY: Well, tell him and us your beliefs so we can all know
✖

Unless you are typing lies, We all know what you believe...
Add pictures here
✖

hmmm ???
--
"Key"
=====

Add pictures here
✖
I try to park next to the other Vettes. NO vette owner would ding anothers doors.

Add pictures here
✖
dave wrote:

Spend 5 bucks, use the valet!
Short note to Chevy -- any MSRP over $ 35K deserves a valet key or separate keyed lockable storage.
-- PJ '89 Hookercar '02 e-blu coupe
Add pictures here
✖
'Spend 5 bucks, use the valet! '
REPLY:
1. What good would that do if a Valet Jock parks the vette next to another car ?! Thats what im trying to avoid . Reread my OP.
2. There is no 'valet parking' at the corner diner .
The Orig. post is a serious topic , and shame to you folks who chose to revert to sarcasm ; waving to your fellow Vette Hobbiest and putting him down on a public Forum is the epitomie of hypocrisy. Dont do it for the sake of the Hobby .
Add pictures here
✖

Well, this is a really simple issue. It is either just a car, and you park it like one, or it is way more than just a car to you, and your options are slim, you don't take it to places you have to leave it parked unattended.
My daily driver is a 2005 black very large Class 4 MDT truck, it's 10 feet wide (counting the mirrors, the bed is 98 inches wide) & 23 feet long. I ALWAYS park it in-between the lines (sometimes actually touching the lines on each side).
One of my pet peeves is someone driving a big pickup (even the largest one-ton dully crew cab is still smaller than my truck) who can't get it straight into one parking spot, if they get in or out while I am there, though I would NEVER vandalize their rudely parked vehicle, I do tell them "If you can't park it, don't drive it".
If you don't mind attracting the over abundance of negative attention that parking in more than one parking spot draws, out of many people, for many different reasons, (not unlike cutting in line or flipping people off) go ahead and try to justify that to yourself. Just don't be surprised when someone does something nasty to your car.
You asked a question Dave, there is my answer, with NO sarcasm or hypocrisy.
Add pictures here
✖
'Well, this is a really simple issue. It is either just a car, and you park it like one, or it is way more than just a car to you, and your options are slim, you don't take it to places you have to leave it parked unattended.'
REPLY: To me (and every other 'new' Vette owner that ive met), it is not just a car and is much more. True, options are slim ; I try not to take it to places where it will be unattended for very long. But, i do take it to places where i might be away from it for up to 30 minutes.
'You asked a question Dave, there is my answer, with NO sarcasm or hypocrisy.'
REPLY: ANd that i appreciate. Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
There are so many comments, I don't know where to begin.
Yes, Dave, I occasionally take up two spaces. Try parking a 23 ft long truck in an 18 ft long space and see what happens. Try it when you get a parking lot made for compacts, i.e., 7 ft wide spaces instead of $8 ft, because some smart architect discovered he could add 20 extra spaces in the same lot. Also when they decide to use a 10 ft aisle instead of a 15, because again, they can add more spaces in the same lot.
Show up with a trailer. You will have to take two spaces, or more. A 24 ft enclosed trailer is no way going to fit with tow vehicle in two spaces end to end, so you end up out at the far edge taking about 4 spaces side by side. Or occasionally you can take two end to end plus an aisle.
But as everyone has said, you put a Vette in two spaces, and no one will like you. It is rude, self-centered, and illegal in some places.
Take your tin car instead. If you hadn't voted for mandatory insurance back in 1985 in Illinois, you would afford to own a beater that you could license for $48 a year and use it for only going to the mall once every few weeks. Even insuring it, pre-mandatory insurance would have cost you about $60 for a 15 year old beater. Post-mandatory insurance has driven that up to about $400.
Or you could buy a bunch of touch up paint for the Vette.

Add pictures here
✖
'Take your tin car instead. '
REPLY: Ive already decided to do exactly that ; its just a shame that people arent careful when you park something like a new Corvette in a single space. But thats the way the world has gone now isnt it ?
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 11:54:00 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (dave) wrote:

Yes it is ashame. People don't seem to nowadays respect each other's property or each other's lives.
You know, it just crossed my mind, if we are getting fatter as a society, our car doors will have to open more inorder to get us out and that means more chance of a ding on the parked car beside us unless they widen the parking stripes. Perhaps this is more reason not to park your Corvette in any parking spot???
Add pictures here
✖
'You know, it just crossed my mind, if we are getting fatter as a society, our car doors will have to open more inorder to get us out and that means more chance of a ding on the parked car beside us unless they widen the parking stripes. Perhaps this is more reason not to park your Corvette in any parking spot??? '
REPLY: True. Thats why i always park parallel to the curb whenever i can.
Add pictures here
✖

they should just make all car doors open upward :-)
--
"Key"
=====

Add pictures here
✖
'they should just make all car doors open upward :-)
--
"Key"'

REPLY: Agree. ANd i think there should be a Law that says if a
✖