Don't believe Corvette owners lies about supposed fuel economy

Page 3 of 4

Oh please, that's nothing to brag about. The 2006 Honda Insight is rated @ 45 City and 48 Highway, but with proper driving it gets 121.7 MPG. http://corporate.honda.com/press/article.aspx?id=281
With a few inexpensive mods, it gets 180+ MPG. Corvettes require $3.75 premium gas while other cars can use $3.53 gas so FUEL CENTS PER MILE is a far better way to judge economy. My car weighs almost exactly the same as a Corvette and has a Turbo but it only gets 35 MPG @ 60 MPG, 40 MPG @ 42 MPH, and 45 MPG @ 38 MPH on perfectly flat highways, and I think those numbers are PATHETIC with today's gas prices. Anything that gets less tha 40 MPG @ 85 MPH is a dinosaur as far as I'm concerned. You're OUT OF YOUR MIND if you think Corvettes get good fuel economy by any stretch of the imagination. Even a GAS GUZZLER like the 2008 Porsche GT2 gets 25 MPG highway, while the Corvette ZO6 gets 24 MPG according to the EPA. http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z13850/Porsche_911_GT2.aspx

Other then your bicycle, exactly what would you know about proper driving?
--
"Before all else, be armed" -- Machiavelli

:>> wrote: :>> :>> :>They'll lie and tell people that Corvettes get 28 MPG, when the truth :>> :>is that the C6 ZO6 gets 24 MPG, the C6 Auto Coupe gets 25 mpg, and the :>> :>C6 Manual gets 26 MPG. :>> :>> Husband and I averaged 29mpg last summer on a trip from Maryland to Rhode :>> Island. :>> :>> When the Corvette has so many other things to brag about, why would anyone :>> lie about the gas mileage? :>> :>> -------- : :> :>Oh please, that's nothing to brag about.
You're a slow learner, Sal. I've already told you no one here is bragging. We're merely comparing gas mileage on the Corvettes.
:>The 2006 Honda Insight is rated @ 45 City and 48 Highway, but with proper driving it gets 121.7 :>MPG. http://corporate.honda.com/press/article.aspx?id (1
I don't care about any Honda. That's why I'm reading this in alt.autos.corvette. You're the thread's OP and so far you've taken this lie/troll to alt.autos.nissan,and alt.autos.porsche as well.
:>With a few inexpensive mods, it gets 180+ MPG. :>Corvettes require $3.75 premium gas while other cars can use $3.53 gas :>so FUEL CENTS PER MILE is a far better way to judge economy.
If you had a clue you'd know Corvette owner rarely if ever worry about fuel economy. For the same reason we're not going to flinch at the cost of replacement tires. It goes with the territory.
Whatever you drive I hope you're happy. I'm happy for you. Do me the courtesy of the same, Sal.
Regards, Sarah
Corvette's gas mileage is impressive - when compared with it's performance stats, and it's competitor's
wrote:

Oh please, that's nothing to brag about. The 2006 Honda Insight is rated @ 45 City and 48 Highway, but with proper driving it gets 121.7 MPG. http://corporate.honda.com/press/article.aspx?id (1
With a few inexpensive mods, it gets 180+ MPG. Corvettes require $3.75 premium gas while other cars can use $3.53 gas so FUEL CENTS PER MILE is a far better way to judge economy. My car weighs almost exactly the same as a Corvette and has a Turbo but it only gets 35 MPG @ 60 MPG, 40 MPG @ 42 MPH, and 45 MPG @ 38 MPH on perfectly flat highways, and I think those numbers are PATHETIC with today's gas prices. Anything that gets less tha 40 MPG @ 85 MPH is a dinosaur as far as I'm concerned. You're OUT OF YOUR MIND if you think Corvettes get good fuel economy by any stretch of the imagination. Even a GAS GUZZLER like the 2008 Porsche GT2 gets 25 MPG highway, while the Corvette ZO6 gets 24 MPG according to the EPA. http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z13850/Porsche_911_GT2.aspx
:>Oh please, that's nothing to brag about.
Again, no one is bragging. We are comparing what our Corvettes are getting for mileage.
:>The 2006 Honda Insight
Has nothing to do with our Corvettes.
:>Corvettes require $3.75 premium gas while other cars can use $3.53 gas
Corvettes do not REQUIRE premium gas, Lawrence. Don't you get tired of always being wrong and always trolling the wrong newsgroup, ie: aac?
:>so FUEL CENTS PER MILE is a far better way to judge economy. My car
What car is that Lawrence? You've been asked at least a dozen times and you'll never tell anyone what car you actually have.
I'm betting it's a cute little VW Beetle complete with bud vase.
< Snip whiny Lawrence Luger crap.....>
Go away Lawrence. You're like a case of herpes. No one wants you but once you've shown up you're impossible to ever get rid of....

My '95 LT1, automatic trans gets 13-15 in the city, 20-22 mpg on the interstate running a steady 80 mph with the cruise control engaged. (20 mpg with the AC on, 22 mpg with the AC off.)
Pretty damned good for a 14 year old car with a stock 350 - it has almost 80,000 legit miles on the odometer. I'm not complaining.
Well folks, this *IS* the truth. '98 roadster. On the highway w cruse set somewhere between 65 & 70 to FL and back to OH the 2,200 mile average was 30.21.
Sledge Hammer wrote:

I believe you. Most mid to large sized cars get about that on the highway if they have the correct gearing. It's in urban driving with stop lights where they fall far behind smaller engined vehicles.
Josh S wrote:

Yup. It takes a lot of fuel to wear out brake pads. -- pj
The Vette really surprises me in urban driving as well. Not 100% sure as I've never really followed it but I think I'm getting something like 21 to 23 MPG. But when the wife uses it the MPG's turn into GPM's.
Josh S wrote:

My 98 6 sp ragtop is about to turn 25,000 total miles and I just checked what my gas mileage has averaged... TOTAL MPG from the very first Tank of Gas until today... is 24.6 mpg ...
I admit that the wife and I use this car mostly for trips but it sure gets plenty of around town usage...NO STOP AND GO CITY DRIVING for the most part...
This figure comes from my computerized maintenance log that I keep on all my cars...
Bob G. 64 72 & 98 Convertibles 76 & 79 Coupes 01 Dodge Dakota 03 Dodge Caravan
This is also the truth---13-15 mpg around town--"86 Coupe. Not too good but the car runs well, so i'm a little confused on the good MPG's i'm seeing here.
Joevette "Bob G." <rg327_remove_comcast.net> wrote in message

Thats an '86, they get better as you move to the newer engine control systems.
joevett wrote:

:>This is also the truth---13-15 mpg around town--"86 Coupe. :>Not too good but the car runs well, so i'm a little confused on the good :>MPG's i'm seeing here. :> :> Joevette
Here's a link for you, Joe. At least the C6's get great mileage. :)
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t 27358
How BIG is you right foot? Mine is normal but my wife's is huge hence the wide variation. Mine are in M/G, hers are G/M.
Sarah Czepiel wrote:

It's an '86 in very good condition so I do not beat on it. It is a Corvette though and needs a little "push" once in a while as a reminder:) My wife doesn't drive it--she complains about the cabin size,rough ride etc... Fine with me! At least she hasn't asked for the garage back :) Sarah thanks for the link--i'm going to look at it now Joevette

:>It's an '86 in very good condition so I do not beat on it. It is a Corvette :>though and needs a little "push" once in a while as a reminder:) My wife :>doesn't drive it--she complains about the cabin size,rough ride etc... Fine :>with me! At least she hasn't asked for the garage back :) Sarah thanks :>for the link--i'm going to look at it now :> Joevette
You're welcome Joe. :)
:> wrote: :>>> :>>> :>This is also the truth---13-15 mpg around town--"86 Coupe. :>>> :>Not too good but the car runs well, so i'm a little confused on the :>>> good :>MPG's i'm seeing here. :>>> :> :>>> :> Joevette :>>> :>>> Here's a link for you, Joe. At least the C6's get great mileage. :) :>>> :>>> http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t 27358 :>
My 2005 C6 coupe automatic has consistently averaged 15.6 mpg over a 3 year period for a total of 9000 miles, 99% shopping and misc. trips. My 2001 Olds Aurora v8 gets 15.3 for the same kind of driving. Both get 28 mpg on the freeway at 70mph.
--
Ron Stewart
Santa Rosa, Calif.

Given a choice, which would you rather drive?
AJM '93 40th Anniversary Edition coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
During the 3 years I've had the C6 it has gone 9000 miles while the Olds has only gone 2000 miles. My wife doesn't drive anymore, so it looks pretty obvious which one I LOVE to drive!
--
Ron Stewart
Santa Rosa, Calif.