Edmunds.com FIRST comparison test of GTR Spec-V vs ZR1.

Their ZR1 test resulted in ZR1 does zero to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds (3.5 seconds with 1 foot of rollout) and gets through the quarter-mile in 11.5 seconds.
The 2009 Nissan GT-R SpecV takes off instantly with virtually no tire spin, and the car catapults to 60 mph from a standstill in 3.7 seconds (3.3 seconds with 1 foot of rollout), while the quarter-mile flies by in 11.5 seconds. The 1/4 mile was supposed to be the ZR1's BEST advanage and even there it's a wash, and acutally the Spec-V BEATS the ZR1 with a 1 foot rollout like in a dragstrip HAHAHAHAHAHA. Also, the SPEC-V also had the 2nd best timefor EDMUNDS with a 74.7 MPH Slalom behind the GT3RS. ZR1 got 1.06Gs on Edmunds test on the skidpad and the Spec-V got 1.16Gs ZR1=dissapearing speck in SPEC-V's mirror. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I can't wait till the SPEC-V PWNS the ZR1 at the RING NEXT MONTH. The Funny thing is that the GTR Spec-V is NOT even the high performance version of the GTR. It's not even like a Z06 is to a Corvette. The Spec- NUR would be comprable to the ZO6.
Sal (short for saliva) wrote:

Hey, slimeball, didn't you leave out some rather important information, for example, this quote from the Edmonds ZR1 test:
"..The corrected results (which are slightly slower than the numbers the car actually runs..."
And from the GT-R SpecV test:
"...And we've brought along our VBOX to record some performance data..."
And this:
"...This is a different testing venue than we have in the U.S. (not to mention a different test driver)..."
So, you compare two acceleration tests, on different days, with different drivers, on different tracks, on different continents -- and one conducted with an accelerometer-baseed test instrument instead of a real test setup? And you think it proves something? Well, if doesn't, plant boy. All it does is demonstrate the pathetic and tenuous grasp you have on the real world.

Oh sure. Here is what the test report actually says:
"...Unfortunately there are issues with our data-logging technique, but help from some VBOX experts in Japan seems to peg our speed at 74.7 mph..."
Yeah, the speed seems to be guessed as having been EXACTLY the same as the ZR1, but we don't really know now do we? Compare that obvious bit of guesswork and finagling to the ZR1 test:
" ...the ZR1 is stable, communicative and easy to control on its way to a 74.7-mph pass through the slalom. This is the second-fastest slalom speed we've recorded from a production car, behind only the Porsche 911 GT3 RS at 75.3 mph..."
Now, let's consider some real numbers:
ZR1 SpecV =============================HP 638 485 Weight 3,366 3,704 lbs/HP 5.28 7.64 Torque 604 448 lbs/ft-lb 5.57 8.28 60 - 0 ft. 96 106 <-- Uh-oh Top speed 200+ 112 <-- Double uh-oh
Looks more like a flea killer than a 'Vette killer to me. Edmonds agrees:
"...chassis dyno to see just how much power the Vette gets to the road. After three dyno runs, power peaks of 505 hp at 6,200 rpm and 494 lb-ft of torque at 4,200-4,300 rpm were recorded. That's right, it makes over 500 hp at the wheels..."
Reiterating for the slow among us (That would be Sal, for the really slow, which, once again, would be Sal.), The ZR1 weighs less, has gobs more torque, almost double the top speed and more power at the rear wheels than the flea killer has at the flywheel.
I suppose, at this point, I should comment on that speed. You see, Nissan plans to build 30 SpecVs a month and offer them for sale at 8 dealerships in Japan. All cars sold in Japan are speed limited to 180 KPH. Sorry, plant boy, your killer couldn't kill a squirrel with bad nuts.
Now before you drag out you X-box to gather more facts, go back and read the Edmonds article on the SpecV again. Then click the link to the ZR1 embedded therein, and ask yourself this question: Which car most impressed the testers?
Here are the links for anyone caring to read both articles:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId 4432 http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId 4347
Then consider that your big beef when you dragged your thoughtless and puerile little joke of a self into this group and started slinging this GT-R bullshit was that the flea killer offered more bang for the buck. It was an insane pretense then. It is an entirely ludicrous one now. Not only does the ZR1 outperform your high-strung Japanese watch on steroids, but it is a true production car, available for purchase in any country in the world and it costs $60,000 less than the flea killer. And it can do massive burn-outs.
You are wasting way too much time responding to a high school kid.

That's nothin'. This Z beat a Blue Angel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x58iQwlzkcY&feature=related

Get REAL PAL, GT Channel just did their test, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, 1/4 mile 11.0. Name ONE magazine or ONE Televised Car Magazine that has ANYTHING CLOSE to that for the ZR1? Even a BASE 100% STOCK GTR has done 10.3 seconds with 1 foot rolling start at at drag strip. I expect that with a great driver and 1 foot rolling start, a Spec-V can do 9.99 in the 1/4 mile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROJUsRI4d4c
Wait till The Spec-V runs the Ring Next Month, also, top speed of the Spec-V is estimated @ 210mph thanks to a 0.27 coefficient of drag and the high gear turbo boost device for 80 seconds of extra torque. ZR1=PWNED

Sal wrote:

So, when are you taking delivery of your new Nissan GT-R ?

Friend in Houston tried to buy one. Dealership wanted sticker plus $15,000. Friend bought a Porsche instead.