Emisions

What do I have to add to a stock out of State 97 C5 to make it Cal legal? I'm trying to decide if I want to register mine or sell it. Thanks

Nothing, it was Kalifornia legal when it was manufactured, as were all C5s and the C6.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

I know, but if you look it was dropped in 2001 and was a $0.00 cost option in 2000. As I remember it was paper work required in Kalifornia which was dropped after it proved it meet their standard. Which I would guess means nothing except you still need to please their money/emission requirements. There was also an option N88 California emission or NY/MA state emission override besides the YF5 California emission requirement and NG1 Massachusetts/NY emission requirement, plus the FE9 federal emission requirement that showed up on the dealer order sheet. To add to the confusion there was also a NC7 Federal emission override, requires YF5/NG1 emissions, did that clear it up? Sorry but I think you need to check with them on what or how much money they want to allow you in their state.

Don't know about California, but if you move it to Maryland you'll have to remove the turn signals. It's the law.
The Reverend Natural Light wrote:

Maybe he can just sign an affidavit that he won't use them! <vbg>