Engine Swap

Has anyone put a bigblock in a 76 corvette? What are the issues if any?
Stephen

Issue are : Beefing up front suspension to handle the additional weight, having a Trans. that will handle the additional mega-torque of the engine , etc... Ill bet its been done on www.corvetteforum.com .
Nowadays it's easier to put in a 427 SBC - unless money is an issue.
-W
wrote:

Issue are : Beefing up front suspension to handle the additional weight, having a Trans. that will handle the additional mega-torque of the engine , etc... Ill bet its been done on www.corvetteforum.com .
Thanks for the input. The thing is I started building this big block for a differnt car. I aquired the corvette car for free.
Stephen

How is that done? I want another one.
-W
Get youself a ZZ430 SB you'll be happier. I know a guy with one in a 67 Coupe and it does 120 MPH in second gear. 7000 RPM redline.$7,000 made for the 24 hours at Sebring so it will do high RPM all day.
On Aug 21, 7:35pm, "Speaker of the Truth"

I have a really strong built 350 in my 79. *IF* I ever change it, it will be an LS motor JMHO
kickstart