Engine Swap

Has anyone put a bigblock in a 76 corvette? What are the issues if any?

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Sadler

Issue are : Beefing up front suspension to handle the additional weight, having a Trans. that will handle the additional mega-torque of the engine , etc... Ill bet its been done on

.

Reply to
ilbebauck

Nowadays it's easier to put in a 427 SBC - unless money is an issue.

-W

Issue are : Beefing up front suspension to handle the additional weight, having a Trans. that will handle the additional mega-torque of the engine , etc... Ill bet its been done on

.

Reply to
Clams Canino

Thanks for the input. The thing is I started building this big block for a differnt car. I aquired the corvette car for free.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Sadler

How is that done? I want another one.

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

Get youself a ZZ430 SB you'll be happier. I know a guy with one in a 67 Coupe and it does 120 MPH in second gear. 7000 RPM redline.$7,000 made for the 24 hours at Sebring so it will do high RPM all day.

Reply to
Speaker of the Truth

I have a really strong built 350 in my 79.

*IF* I ever change it, it will be an LS motor JMHO

kickstart

Reply to
kickstart