Everybody must be out driving them

Damn took care of most of the TLC that this 98 needed and was on my way to the dealer to get the recalls taken care of (Lap belt, Column lock) and the check engine
light comes on so I have them check it and they say that the knock sensors are bad and to change two $40 parts it would be $600 in labor because they have to remove the intake this sucks why the hell can't chevy put the sensors where they are easy to get to???
--

ZRiX (<>..<>)

The intake is not diff to take off, according to the service manual. I can look it up if you like.
I was thinking about doing it myself just a little scared I grew up working on cars and even went to school for auto mechanics in 1982 for a year and a half and had some old hot rods 2 of witch where 1/4 mile cars (best run 64 falcon 12.15 at 112MPH) but all with old school components like carburetors and distributors... I am kind of lost with things like a knock sensor and computer controlled spark witch is kinda funny because I grew up working on cars and now I am a computer tech... if you have something like a PDF file with the some instructions that would be great thank you...
ZRiX (<>..<>)
The intake is not diff to take off, according to the service manual. I can look it up if you like.

You got my address from an earlier email, send me a good mailing address and I'll mail you a cd that has what you need. I have to go to the post office tomorrow so snap to it and I'll send it out. By the way, it's the entire Corvette parts and ass'y from 1997 through 2001, about 49 megs so emailing it is out of the question. Zipping it only drops 1.3 megs.
The intake is a simple job, I've said this before that all parts that need changing can't be on the roof so you don't have to bend over, some are put on first and some are put on last, the last ones last the longest. ;-))
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

"Dad" < snipped-for-privacy@fisher.net> wrote in message
I had mine off before replacing the oil pressure switch. Not that big of a deal. I didn't disconnect the braided hose (fuel line) just slid the intake to the side once it was unbolted. For what you're doing, you won't either. Also, watch out for the 3/8 to 1/2 inch hose which runs between the back of the intake and the firewall. If you're not carefull, you'll snap it and have to go get a pc of 50cent hose to patch it up. Easy job. I wish somebody would pay me $300 to do it! Rip at the dealers'.
-Stan Bright 1999 Blown Tripple Black Vert 2000 Torch Red Coupe

Dad I would like to send you a DUB but cannot read your address on the envelope send me an e-mail with your addy in it and I will send it out to you... Thanx again
--

"You got my address from an earlier email, send me a good mailing address

Try taking one off a LS1 Camaro. Some engineers should spend their hell working on the crap they design.
Al