Exhaust note?

Ok, I have been enjoying my C6 for the last few months and for the most part I love the car. It has, at this time enough power and the handling (z51) and
braking are really super. I'll soon be taking a trip across the country, I find it that comfortable. So what is the problem?
My last vet, and it was a while ago, was a big block '65 Vert that had a presence from idle to ................ where ever I took it. It sounded, uh, bad. In a good way. This new ride is real neat, don't get me wrong, but it sounds tame, a little too much like my wife's ride, if you know what I mean. I would like a bit more "presence", especially at idle and during hard acceleration. But what I don't want is a resonate roar at speed as I use this vet primarily as a cruiser and don't find that kind of buzz entertaining. I don't expect horsepower or tork gains just a little sweeter sound.
Any recommendations as to who might make a system, total or partial, that might give me that low, sweet, rumble?
Thanks, brian

that it was to tame. I had Corsa on my C5s and had no reason to change and opted for the louder Sport. They were some of the first that they made and had an oversized connections that was taken care of. They also tend to have a slight rumble/drone in the cabin at idle that the C5's did not. Not much different at speed than stock but will talk to ya at WOT. I've put some of the other brands on for club members but still like the Corsa, less obnoxious.
No problems at speed, I'm just now reaching 22,000 miles of cross country driving in all sorts of heat, rain, snow, and just plain nice weather. I do wish I'd have opened up the cross over pipe to stop some of the low speed popping like I did on the C5s. For some reason they put a 5/8 hole in the crossover and I opened it up to full pipe size, really eliminated the popping. As I remember now I thought at the time it wasn't enough to do the C6 but now I think it will get done. If you have a shop do it have them remover the crossover pipe, cut the short pipe in half and cut out the 2 long pipes to full size and weld the cut and reinstall, or pay Corsa $345 for a new one which adds 2 more joints.
If you have the new 6 speed automatic I'd hold off for a while, they are having a fitment problem over the rear axel around the new rear end that gives you some cabin noise. At the very least check with the builder and make sure you can get it replaced if it is a problem.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
'Any recommendations as to who might make a system, total or partial, that might give me that low, sweet, rumble? Thanks, brian'
REPLY: HI Brian. I have a C6 also. Its too quiet for my liking. I put Ravin mufflers on my 1970 BB Vette and love the sound -- its a deep rumble sound reminiscent of the 1960's. Im going to get them put on the 2006. Ive listened to all the popular exhausts on 2006's, and, they all sound kind of hokey to me...even the Bullets . Sounds more like a high revvin' lawnmower instead of that Big block sound. Thats my honest opinion.
Dave
Vettes are an unusual bunch.... You really really really gotta be careful in picking a loud exhaust for them. The tunnel and the rear storage area, etc make them unusually prone to resonance and other sound anomalies...
I'd strongly recommend going to Vette gatherings and hear for yourself what others have done and have. I've been there done that with Vette exhaust. Sent a couple back and it was a hassle to get refunds and R&R the exhaust system.
The Mustang guys have it gravy in this area. Slap just about any brand exhaust and it sounds great. But not so with Vettes. Do your homework first!
Old & in the way.... wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

of them were returned. Sounded like a 5 gallon fart can on a Maytag. Their web site is gone also.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

REPLY: Havent had any trouble with mine and its been 4 years. 16 ga.
Dynatech long tube headers w/hiflow cats, xpipe corsa touring exhaust. You'll love this one.