FA: 1973 Chevy Corvette Stingray Coupe in So. CA - Last Few Hours!

> > I doubt he intended it to be a A Concours d'Elegance car. =A0 Just a ni= ce old > > Vette with a lot of love and effort spent on it. =A0 It probably runs b= etter > > than the stock Vette. =A0 And he didn't try to hide anything. > > > Ed > > like I said, nice looking car > He's the one that said "profesionally restored "

Yes, it's not original - as I've disclosed. However, the original steering wheel, emblems, radio and even glass is available if the buyer wishes to have it. Professionally restored doesn't necessarily imply "back to OEM factory specs." Just like NOS doesn't necessarily mean MINT condition.

Reply to
Retrogameconnection

Sorry dude, restored implies it is restored to something resembling what it once was. I say "resembling" because even if it looks as it did when new the parts used most likely are not original.

Your '73 is a rebuilt and/or modified automobile, defiantly not "restored".

At a point putting money into rebuilding any car become lost if that car is not unique in some maner, your '73 is not unique.

Good luck

Reply to
Dad

23 bids $12,100 reserve not met

maybe he learned something new today

Reply to
kickstart

I noticed that there has been 2 sell lately and both together didn't net $11,000. Of course they were not as nice looking as his but it may be that the higher priced toy is not selling right now. I'm sure the Corvette bargain hunters are out there and they will pick up a low priced numbers car as a possible money maker if the market for that ever comes back. All of the others on completed auctions (?) never met reserve or didn't receive any bids/offers. Fleabay has long since stopped being an auction and have become just an add site.

Reply to
Dad

Yea. Maybe. I think you're talking semantics here. In my mind the car is restored but maybe it's only rebuilt, upgraded or modified. I don't think it didn't meet the reserve because I was calling a fully rebuilt car - 'restored' as it seems that you're implying.

Regardless, it's clean, probably runs better than new. A very nice Corvette.

Some of the original parts are also available with the car should the buyer wish to return it to its original glory.

Reply to
Retrogameconnection

Like I said all along, Nice car. Money is tight and even with it being a nice car that model has not reached the higher prices as of yet I have a 79 The bumper cars are higher priced Some 74-81 go for as low as $2500 - barely drivers and nice ones I have seen $16-17k You need to find the right buyer and that takes time. Basically IMHO if you spent the money on this car to make money , you backed the wrong horse. It is a nice car Good luck and enjoy it

Reply to
kickstart