Factory Recall on 06 corvettes

I was at the dealer ship two weeks ago when some freinds asked me to come out to the shop of the dealership where my truck was being worked on.
There I saw not one but three corvettes missing the skin on the roof it
had blown off while driving down the road.
If you own an 06 and you hear a roof rattle get it to the dealership at once do not wait.
Even if you dont hear a rattle get it checked out
Not all C6's were affected ; i took my 2006 in and they ran the VIN. Mine was not included in the recall. But i agree...better to take it in and find out for sure ; if it blows off and seriously hurts the person driving behind you...you will be responsible.
message

Wow, one dealership with 3 failures, must be some awful poor workmanship someplace. Care to give the name of the dealership? Recall for painted roofs started in February for the '05 and '06 and I've seen none that came off, just leaks. I'm sure that information would be helpful for GM to know that they were blowing off in that quantity. At that time 4 had come loose from the vehicle and you saw 3 of them at one time. There has been 11 come off to date and the number that did so while in motion is not available as far as I know.
Keep us posted, you've been a big help.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

They are very aware of this matter all that was left was the inner roof supports.
The issue is bigger then they are letting on.
It is just like the vortec engines that were sizing up from a leaking CPI the gas ran into the pan washed the barring clean thined out the oil and blew the motor durring operation.
The light truck division knew about this and never did any thing about it no recall not any thing.
They could not ignore the corvette problem.
message

And the name of the dealer was???
God I wish you would use your spelling and punctuation checker.
message

come out

had
once
roofs
off, just

they were

vehicle and

the number

No here No Now wrote:

So, Mr. snipped-for-privacy@Classiccarmall.net
Which dealership? Does it have a name? Would you mind if we call them and verify your claims?
Get a grip. 'Key was right. Once a SPAMMER, always a TROLL.
TomC '90ZR1 #792
Crabs wrote:

Your a real dumb #@*, you probably work with chevy and are tring to cover this up as well.
why dont you call some dealerships and ask them about it they have to tell you, tell them you have an 06 and heard about the recall
They have to disclose the recall to you, one hit the news as well in texas as the three I mentioned happened on the streets texas two nearly resulted in accicdents.
I dont know why you would want to cheat corvette owners out of the information of such a fact unless you have a vested interest.
To bad this offeneds you, please attempt to say this post is not true.
message you probably work with chevy and are tring to cover this

Not true, just hearsay. Your Chicken Little method doesn't work as GM does notify those owners that may be affected. Name calling doesn't make your position any better just the name of the dealer would have done that. To cover up that unbelievable information you back it up with more, that 2 "almost" caused an accidents. Then to make your story believable you want us to lie to a dealer to do what? Get information we already know?
The vested interest is truth, now what was that dealers name where they had 3 of them sitting there with the roof gone?
"No here No Now" <"No here No Now"@never12532752478623never.com> trolled absolutly nothing of value in message ---snip---
yes, I said it ! -- "Key"
I got my roof recall notice on my 2005 C6 last week and took her in to get inspected yesterday. I did not have a problem with my roof but took it in as a precaution. Appointement was at 8:30 am and at 11:30 am they called me to pick it up. When I got there it look like they did nothing. Work order said they added glue but I couldn't tell.
No here No Now wrote:

No here No Now wrote:

I have a 2006 coupe purchased in Oct 2005 that is outside the VIN range. Just this past Friday, my roof panel almost blew off while riding down the road. I was only doing about 40 mph and was able to grab it with my hand until I got off the road and pulled the roof off.
I live in San Diego, and we have been having unseasonably hot weather for the last few weeks, so I'm wondering if this extra temp cycling might have accelerated the problem and be revealing more failures. The roof had been creaking for about a week, so I guess I did have some warning.
I took it into the dealership Saturday, and they said it was the worst one they had seen yet. They would not attempt the in shop repair given the amount of separation. They agreed to get another one on order, since despite being outside the VIN range this problem is, of course, covered under warranty. The sad part is that it may take up to 2 weeks to get a replacement. I don't want to take the roof on/off each time I use the car, so for now I'm left with using tiedowns to hold the thing together. Looks ugly, but seems to hold together ok at least for <60mph around town driving. Maybe the best I can do until mine arrives.
It would be really great customer service if Chevy dealerships would consider stocking a 'loaner' top while they get yours on order, paint it, etc. Who cares if the color does not match for 2 weeks? Two weeks (if it is that short) is mighty long to wait if this is your daily driver...
pat
CDMAEng wrote:

Good grief pat, a body can get run'd over at <60mph -- hope you get it fixed soon.
Here's wavin' -- have a good fourth.
--
PJ
'89 Hookercar, '02 e-blu 6-spd coupe