Failed inspection

I failed NC inspection and this is the problem.
Stored Diagnostic trouble codes:
p0443 Evaporative Emission control system purge control valve circuit
How do I fix this?
--
Later,

-- Rick Novara --
on what???? year model????? is it a corvette????

Sorry...... 96 Vette LT4.

As Rick so eloquently stated:

Pull the negative battery cable off for 1 hour(I think), reconnect it. That should reset all codes.
--
Tom

"That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
have you cleared the codes to make sure it is a hard code? I do not think you can reset codes by unplugging the battery on this car (odb2) with out a scan tool. this code can be set for several reasons, bad EVAP canister purge control solenoid, bad driver in the PCM, which supplies ground to the solenoid or a wiring problem. you will need a scan tool and a DVOM to check this out. if you have this i will be glad to help you diagnosis this problem with you. if you do not have the equipment, then you may need to take it to some one who does. let me know. greg

Greg,
Thanks for the info.
The service engine light came on awhile back & didn't know what the problem was.
I can use the scan tool at Auto Zone. What is a DVOM?
Richard

problem
Digital Volt-Ohm Meter.
I have a Digital Volt-Ohm Meter & use it all the time.
All I need is the locations & volt readings ...
Later,
-- Richard --

Rick i just sent you a e-mail, i will try to help you with your problem

Rick i was not able to get a e-mail to go thru. send me a note to genettles@earthlinkxxx .net (remove the xxx)