Fiberglass repair

Repairing a pair of trailer fenders and it's going well, so far. Any web pages on tip for doing this? And, how the hell do you stop the itch? When I was shopping for the fiberglass I noticed some cut fibers and some stuff that looks like white dust. When do you use them? Made a temporary patch today with very thin fabric. Hard to believe how strong and light that stuff is. So far my big problem is trying to keep the compound curves in the right position and trying to repair the areas where the fiberglass separates into layers.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Jeff

Powder is a filler, cloth, and strands are for added strength. Corn starch or baby powder helps and then a cold shower after you're done and throw all of your clothes in the washer.

Wad up news paper in a tight ball and cover it with wax paper and tape it to the surface to hold he material in place. In other words make a temporary form or mold for your shapes.

Reply to
Dad