Finally Got a C5 .. not what I was looking for. But I'm Happy (very)

Well I received my 1st SS check on the 15th of February and set 4 dealers looking for a Used C5...
Long story short I was looking for a 2000 FRC or 2001/2
Z06 or a 2000 to 2002 Convertible ..any color but black and no automatics...
Friday evening I got a call from a local dealer that a customer who traded in his 98 Convertible was taking delivery of his new 06 Saturday morning... and I should look at the car even thought it was not as new as what I was looking for...
Well the guy got his 06 Vert and I took delivery of the 98... 19,436 miles on the clock...6 speed ,Silver, with Pewter interior Z51 suspension and NOT a scratch anywhere.. 2000 wheels and Borla Exhaust car was never ever in the rain..not even a sprinkle...
Dealer did the required inspection on the spot and I was home within a hour of leaving the house...
Taking the wife up to Gettysburg Pa this evening for dinner...whats a 200 mile round trip to have dinner when you are driving a new toy....!
Bob G. 64 72 & now 98 Convertibles 76 & 79 Coupes..
.
.
Congrats on the new toy.
Paul
Congrats, you'll enjoy the 'vert!
Bob G. wrote:

Which place? There are some wonderful places that serve Civil War-era fare. I haven't been back to Gettysburg since the 140th anniversary re-enactment, but I'll probably get out that way this summer. My sister lives in Northern Virginia (Stafford), about 2 hours south of Gettysburg. Where are you?
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

My daughter lives 10 miles outside Gettysburg so I make that trip quite alot... I live in Frederick Md only 45 minutes away IF I avoid the back roads which when driving any of the Corvettes I have to use...
We Eat at the Dobbins House...which BTW is the oldest building in Gettsburg...hell the wooden bar itself...was installed in 1818 .. and is still in use... ! Very Good Food...! and we never leave hungry...
Bob
Don't forget the Cashtown Inn. If you want prime rib, tell them when you make reservations so they put one back! Mr. B's Ice Cream east of town toward Hanover is one of the best.

one Sunday our entire Corvette Club took a dinner cruise up there to have dinner... Just make sure thay if you stay overnight you do not get one of the Haunted rooms upstairs... LOL
Bob G.
Were you there since the filming of the Turner "Gettysburg?" A lot of the cast including Tom Barringer, Sam Elliot, and Martin Sheen can be seen in a scrapbook in the waiting room area. Interesting...they covered the entire road in front with truckloads of dirt to make it look authentic for the brief appearance of the Inn on the big screen. Always, one of my favorites.
Congratulations... Silver/pewter are great colors.. don't show dirt fast... easy to keep clean.
I have some friends that bought a dental practice in your town a few years back. He used a own a C4, but sold it when they moved overseas with the military.

Bob I wrote:

'00 privately. It had 16,000 km (10000 miles) now has 20,000 km sounds just like yours. You only live once enjoy it.
Bob G. wrote:

Welcome to the world of the C5 and the new source of income -- know you'll enjoy both and put them to good use!
Thanks for the restaurant recommendation. My daughter lives in Carroll (sp?) County and I've put Dobbins House on my to-do list for my next visit to MD.
--
PJ
89 HookerCar, 02 E-blu 6-spd Coupe

back from Landenberg Pa. and drove in some God awlful rain and some really bad roads. Never been let down by the C5's or this C6 but one of these winters I'm going to get caught by a snow storm I can't negotiate. Don't let the fact that your new baby has never seen rain spoil the fun of driving it when and where ever you want to.
Enjoy.....
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

I am not about to stay home if it looks like rain...and if it was raining I took my rain Vette (the always dirty Black 95)...
Not that I like to drive on wet roads but its really no big deal to put it on on a lift and clean the undercarrage..then spraying a little WD-40 under the car...
Bob G.
[...]
REPLY: Congrats Bob. You got a 98 with low miles on it. BOY, you have some money tied up in vettes looking at your list ; good thing the Mrs. is understanding. Enjoy, Dave.
Congrats Bobby Babe!! Good on ya man!
Bob G. wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

_________________ Yep....MY "Corvette Black Sheep Squadron" hat is now hanging on a nail in the garage...NEVER to be worn again....and this time I MEAN IT !
Absolutely nothing wrong with the 95 ...Loved the car even though it was a pain to get out of..spend under 100 bucks total since 1999 for repairs (read a battery and a taillight bulb) ....BUT I honestly could NOT keep it clean...
Never been thrilled with Silver either...but it "works" with the pewter interior......My wife wanted me to buy a Polo Green Corvette one... BUT she would not promise to keep it clean (without my help..).
Bob G.