First Vette

Looks like I'll be buying my first Vette a few weeks (added this group to my favorites.) It's 99 coupe Magnetic Red with a black interior with the Z51
package and 6 spd. I've been a synthetic user since 1980 (Amsoil mostly.) I know they been using Mobil 1 in these Vettes since the mid 1990's I believe. If I have to I'll stick with it but I was wondering if anyone has converted their oil over to Amsoil and if so did you have any problems? Also, what are they using in the manual tranny's? Is it ATF or is there some special lube? Are the tranny's Borg Warner T-56?
--
Jim
85 V8 S10 Blazer 350/5 speed