Front air dam question

Hey, since I just replaced the front air dam on the 'Vette last weekend, I am curious. I assume the function of that thing is to keep air from getting
under the car at high speed, causing the front end to want to lift. Would anyone have any idea at about what speed it becomes effective? IOW, if I decided I like the car better with it off and I'm not going to be driving 120+ would not having it matter?
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp
it directs airflow for cooling

And you definately need it. Even 20 mile per hour speeds make it work.. Works best at 100 though.
-Stan

The front aid dam on modern cars has very little effect on the aerodynamics at high speed. It's real purpose is to create a low pressure area behind the radiator which causes air to flow through the radiator. That's why the belt driven fan could be eliminated. When the transverse engine became popular, it was the only way to facilitate cooling. Bob K