Fuel gauge 1976 C3

Hi folks - I *think* I remember reading that a poor ground can cause erratic fuel sensor operation. I cannot find that reference again though,so I may be mistaken.
In any event, if this is the case, would anyone happen to know where the ground lugs/points are in the wiring layout so I could check them out?
This is for a 1976 C3 Stingray....
thanks and regards.

Try this....... http://willcoxcorvette.com/instructions/fuel_gauge_help_new_68-76_ver7.pdf I have only the battery and the tail light grounds hooked up on my '72 and the gauge works fine.