Fuel rail on '93 falling apart

How well I remember -- during the War (WWII), I remember my mom's 39 black Chevolet sedan. I must have been about 5 at the time. This was in Port Elizabeth, South Africa,,, my Dad worked for Firestone at the time -- was sent there before WWII. The plant was a critical wartime industry as you can imagine. I personnally remember an early GMC pickup at the Firestone store in Akron when worked there during the summers in the late 50s. It was a three speed (I think) on the floor with the starter a pedal above the gas. Now that was a real truck... no frills there. GM was at its greatest in the

50s.
Reply to
tww1491

Not hardly possible to happen on an engine that needed a valve grind at about 40k miles and babbited rod and crank bearings. Then there was the fiber timing gear, need I go on? You put was to much in what Michael Moore pukes out and to little to common sense about the days in which this all took place.

Some people need someone to blame for their own short comings.

Reply to
Dad

Amen..

GM won't be there in 2015.

Reply to
Speaker of the Truth

Hmmm, thanks for correcting my recollection. I mistakenly thought that timing gear was a lay-up of linen and phenolic.

-- pj

Reply to
pj

I'm not familiar with the '93 fuel rail and injectors but, just for grins, if the upper end of the injectors are fitted into the rail with o-rings, might we be looking at some tired o-rings? or, were *all* those replaced when the mech had the rail off the car?

How about the o-rings themselves -- compatible with the fuel we have today??

Look at the cheap/simple stuff first.

-- pj

Reply to
pj