glass or plastic

Just curious as to opinions out there to do the front of a 76 in original plastic or do the glass deal. The front clip I recently picked up seems to
have been hit on one side. Not sure how I missed it but I did. So know I feel like I'm at square one with the front again.
JD
On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 00:24:15 -0400, "JDHall"

I assume (I know a bad thing)..but I think you are refering to the front bumper ..Go with a Urathane, or Fiberglass replacement..?
Done it both ways... both front and back bumpers....usinf Urathane (like stock) and using fiberglass....
Honestly none fit correctly .. But the fiberglass was much easier to play with to get a very acceptable fit....
I prefer the Fiberglass...by far.... BUT Its been 7-8 years since the last car was done... (also a 76) over 10 since I did the first one (a 79).. Have no clue as to what is on the market today...
Bob G. 64 72 & 98 Convertibles 76 & 79 Coupes
Good point. If I decide to change gears and go full glass would be interested to what is available today. I have no idea... yet.
JD

Opinions seem to vary widely on this one. How much do you think it affects the resale value of a car to do this? I'm open to all comments. I can take it. 8) I personally don't usually mod a car as a rule or do anything that cannot be reversed. I've have never cared what other do with there's though. I've seen a couple done correctly and it does look nice.

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:21:22 -0400, "JDHall"

Personally I do not think it effects the resale value at all....if everything is equal...
Over time Urathane can fade, warp,crack, and tear. Fiberglass (or whatever they really are made of now) may crack or show spider webbing... still may get some fading BUT the change in color will be the same as the other paint in the gerenal area...
Backing into another car or a pole in a parking lot may do a number of fiberglass (crack...shatter etc) and not do a thing to a flexable Urathane bumper...
Like I said...I prefer fiberglass...mostly because of the lack of fading over time...and to avoid using special painting procedures since the fiberglass ones do not flex...as far as looks go...I can't tell the difference without touching them...
Bob G.