GM lose money on the Corvette?

A friend of mine told me that GM does not make money with Corvette sales, but that they continue to make the car just because it's tradition boosts their image or whatever. Is this true? I didn't
know GM was in that bad of shape.
On 9 Feb 2007 00:43:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com puked:

I can't see that being the case. Historically special versions of vehicles would be anchors, but a whole line? I find that doubtful... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

don't believe your friend knows what they are talking about. GM is in bad shape... but, they wouldn't have been making a product for 54 years that they would lose money on.
--
"Key"
=====

I think 1957 was the last year 'vette didn't contribute to profit side of the ledger.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

They loose money on every one they sell, but they make it up in volume:)
Al
According to Homer Simpson's brother - "Any car I build is $37 worth of sheet metal so how can I lose money?"