Good battery for 01 vette.

The Delco battery seems to go dead very fast if the car is not driven often,What would be a good replacement ?
THANK YOU David

I doubt very much that Delco is the problem, but by all means replace it with one that doesn't go dead often. Have you checked it for a drain on the battery? You may be replacing a battery with a dead or bad cell and then you can be right. Of course you can be replacing the good battery with a good battery and gain nothing. My truck with a Delco battery sits most of the summer and the battery doesn't go dead often. My 72 sits more than it should but I can only drive one at a time and the Delco doesn't go dead often.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
| The Delco battery seems to go dead very fast if the car is not driven | often,What would be a good replacement ? | | THANK YOU David |

Delco is a fine battery. it may have run its life. if not ? you have something gone wrong that may be pulling it down.
my2
--
"Key"

David wrote:

Sounds like you've got stray current somewhere. Even with a 4 year old battery you should be able to weather 30-45 days with just the radio and security loads. Might be good to tackle that problem before exposing a new Battery to a damaging condition.
My Delco experience has always been good. Exceptionally long life (9.5 years in a Trans-Am was the longest, just over 5 years the shortest). Delcos always have had a sudden death though with little warning--one reason I keep a battery charger in the garage. I'm running an Optima now and really like the high cranking voltage. Posts on this NG have indicated that some Optimas wouldn't physically fit in the C4s--make some measurements before you run to the store and buy one.
I'm not brand fussy as long as the battery is a closed top, "maintenance free" design--don't want the bad fumes corroding the area. Interstate has a great reputation and has good nationwide service--you probably won't need it though.
PJ
The problem with the Delcos is not that they die any faster than others, it's that when they do die they don't keep a charge as well. On the C5, you should only expect the car to sit for 21 days before having problems, according to the Owner's Manual and experience. If the car has to sit longer, get a Battery Tender that works with the AGM battery. And if/when it doesn need replacing, consider the Optima.
www.c5forum.com
On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 22:54:18 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (David) wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (David) wrote:

After three failed Delco AGM batteries under warranty, I got the message and my 2001 is now powered by a Wall Mart battery. It was half the cost of the Delco with more cranking amps and a better warranty. The best part is Wall Marts are everywhere and you can get a battery 24/7.
H'm. Last time I put a WalMart battery in a car it failed in about a year and the store refused a warranty claim unless I first paid them a chunk of $$$ to check out my car's electrical and charging system. And they wanted to keep the car three days to get around to that. Grumph.
--

aRKay wrote:
> In article < snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3258.bay.webtv.net>,
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with Wall Mart. They have been good in this area. I saw someone bring in a dead Wall Mart battery and they just gave him another with no questions asked or need to check out the car. All they did was put the bad battery on a tester. It failed and was replaced.
Anyone else had a bad experience at Wall Mart?

I doubt if WalMart, or their batteries, is any better or any worse than the others on the whole. I was just pointing out that experience varies a lot. My own experience likely stems from a single crappy employee at one store, and it's not fair of me to characterize WalMart or their batteries broadly based on that. But it is fair of me to recount it, and to characterize that one store by it.